XF 1.5 [Solved]Making a change to any template requires me to update outdated template

Last night I was editing the "member_view" page to give it a cleaner design. Everytime I edited any code I would save it , open a different tab and refresh the profile page. It worked without any problems last night.

This morning I continued my work from last night but I noticed that any changes to the template code resulted in nothing changing visually. I googled the problem for xenforo and it says that it may be because my templates were "outdated". I quickly went over to the "out
dated templates" section and updated the changes. I edited more text on the members_view, clicked save and came across the same thing. I needed to update the outdated template.

How come last night it was working fine and this morning I have to update outdated templates?
Is there a work around for this?
Can this function be set to automatically update whenever I save the template?

I am also using the Default theme to edit with.

Last edited:
Templates should only be marked as outdated after upgrading to a later version and the template was previously edited in an older version.

It's not clear what you're doing but I haven't heard of templates being marked as outdated in this manner before.

It sounds like you have edited your template for your style and now have somehow started editing the parent template which can't carry over changes to your main style template.

Do you have a parent style to your main style? Or you may have inadvertently edited the Master Style, ensure you are editing the correct style.

Last edited:
Good point @Steve F.

Having checked the site in question, I can see debug mode is enabled.
This is another prime example as to why it shouldn't be enabled unless it is for a specific reason (typically developing).

Since you may have edited the Master Style it would probably be a good idea to Rebuild Master Data by going to /install.php on your site. This will make sure the data and templates are correct in the Master Style.

:)

Top Bottom