XF 1.4 [SOLVED] Loosing session

kankan

Hello
Just setup a fresh XF 1.4 and facing this problem :
i log in.
when paage has to refresh for any reason, i am loosing my session and have to reconnect.
Anyway to fix this ?

Thanks for support.

Last edited:
Probably due to the fact that you have it available with both the WWW and non WWW site. You need to decide on one or the other and then redirect to that one. You also need to make sure that your URL's in the ACP correspond to whichever one you decide on.... that is, if it's your Asus forum you are asking about. If it's another then you a link would help.

Screen Shot 2015-02-17 at 5.54.28 PM.webp Screen Shot 2015-02-17 at 5.54.42 PM.webp

Hi Tracy
Thank you for your answer
I am not sure to understand. where can i check this ?
Depending on your HTTP server, it's controlled via htaccess or the vhost definition.

What I mean is I can reach your site at
http://www.forum-des-portables-asus.fr/forums/
or
http://forum-des-portables-asus.fr/forums/

You need to decide if you want the WWW shown or not, and then use the redirect via the htaccess method or if using nginx in the vhost to direct all connections from www to the non-www or vice versa.

Yep, the strange thing is that i have no problem with the other setup :)
I was more thinking of a cache system somewhere..
I will check this URL thing, thanks.

If you're running 2 XF installs on the same domain, their cookies will conflict out of the box and that could lead to being logged out. You'd need to change the cookie prefix for one of them via config.php to prevent this.

Hi Mike
Thanks for helping.

Here is the content of my config.php :

Code:
<?php

$config['db']['host'] = 'localhost';
$config['db']['port'] = '3306';
$config['db']['username'] = 'xxxxx';
$config['db']['password'] = 'xxxxxx';
$config['db']['dbname'] = 'forumasus_xen_new';
//$config['debug'] = true;

$config['superAdmins'] = '1,18971';

//$config['enableListeners'] = false;

Where do i need to specify the cookie session ?

Thanks

Top Bottom