1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sold the S***

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by bogus, Jun 30, 2011.

1. bogus

bogus Guest

Finally i got rid of my vbulletin license. Price for it was almost halfed. But who in hell wants to pay what a license owner payed once.
    Anyway, not worth to get annoyed about it again. Almost two years i was. So many promises but at the end you feal as a lonesome betatester....

Anthony Parsons likes this.
  2. Ranger375

Ranger375 Well-Known Member

Where did you sell it? I'd like to offload mine

3. bogus

bogus Guest

Sold mine at http://www.vbdesigns.de/
    German Site, but they will undertand english too. A week to sell it.
    But the prices are a shame.. I will not be surprised if vb5 will cost 300€ at least ;) with new promises and probably a new company providing vbulletin :LOL:

Ranger375 likes this.
  4. AdamD

AdamD Well-Known Member

I would sell mine, but IB, the greedy buggers have stopped sales of second hand licenses.

5. bogus

bogus Guest

Mine was a second hand one, i also bought it from someone before
    Well maybe to many are leaving and they gettin scary ;)
    Sry.... well mine was/is a german license and i just told them i want to sell it with an ok as response..

6. JVCode

JVCode Well-Known Member

I sold my vb4 suite only a few weeks ago for £100 which I went and bought another xenforo license with.

7. bogus

bogus Guest

100pounds is something between 110 and 90€ - depends... but´s really not that much. Is a shame where that all went to.
    As i wrote somewhere else... In my opinion vb just stays alive because of that huge big addons and modifications Sites. Otherwise i do not think it would survive.
    But well its nothing we should speculate about in here ;)

8. JVCode

JVCode Well-Known Member

Tell me about it, but I wanted another xenforo license, and this was the quickest route, plus I had a buyer and wouldn't have gotten much more than that without paying to have it advertised somewhere. Also, it was a friend I sold it to, so there's no worrying that they'll do a charge back once they've gotten the software.

I still have a vBSEO license, but I don't think I'll ever find a buyer for that.

9. bogus

bogus Guest

Ok selling to a friend can be another Story. I am just happy that i get it sold at the end, even if the price is anything else then making me happy. But, ya thats where vb brought us and themselve to ;)

10. ragtek

ragtek Guest

nice prices^^

the last second hand vB licences i bought were all under 50€

11. Blandt

Blandt Well-Known Member

What's the on going rate for the full suite nowadays ? $100 US ? :D :D

12. JVCode

JVCode Well-Known Member

Nearly correct, $285 ;)

13. borbole

borbole Well-Known Member

To buy a second hand license? I really doubt it. Or did you mean a brand new license? Because the discussion was about second hand licenses I think.

14. Dark Matter

Dark Matter Active Member

have they? I was not aware of that.

15. bogus

bogus Guest

Sold mine for 150€ Auch noch zu wenig ;)
    Where did u got them for 50 bucks? :sneaky:

16. JVCode

JVCode Well-Known Member

Sorry, I was talking about a new suite license.

17. AdamD

AdamD Well-Known Member

Yes, they amended the license agreement so you can only transfer a new license, once.

18. Brett Peters

Brett Peters Well-Known Member

I sold mine on Ebay which to my surprise was rather easy, The painful part was requesting the transfer through Vb support.

Ranger375 likes this.
  19. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

Ranger375 and Peggy like this.
  20. Anthony Parsons

Anthony Parsons Well-Known Member

Atleast the shameless plug uses Xenforo... awesome! (y)