Socially Uncensored [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
And just cuz I know you're on the defensive adam it's not an attack. There's slight criticism there based on the fact it is identical to XF theme in structure but the colors are different :) Great option for those who love blue and want a few more odds and ends to make it a pleasant theme. Same as social (but obviously different).
No worries. I completely agree :)

I stuck to the default layout. I wanted it to be simple, but offer a clean look and which was easy to read. My members on my site loved it. And rather than keep it all to myself, I decided to share it.

I'm glad you like it even though you'll never use it (as you claim).

@0xym0r0n, the main issue here is with the code. The CSS from the EXTRA.css template of Social was hand written by the author and that took some time, effort, and knowledge on his part. It is copied line for line in this skin. Then, the OP has the nerve to stand there and insist he didn't copy it...continually. Do you not see how disrespectful that is for one?, and secondly, he's basically calling the guy who knows his code when he sees it a liar. Thirdly, he refuses to honor the simple request that credit be given where it is due for the work that isn't his.

I'm kind of appalled that people are seeing the code is exactly copied as referenced here yet still defend the one who copied him.

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/socially-uncensored.36105/#post-412440

Screw the images, the sprite or the close, but solely the extra.css.

I'm literally about to go through all of the paid styles and copied the code just use the new images, and apparently the mods won't do anything about it.

And PS. i have nothing against you Adam I just think it's a shame saying you googled that css it's how you have the exact same extra.css, when you were using social... yet no credit has been given

@0xym0r0n, the main issue here is with the code. The CSS from the EXTRA.css template of Social was hand written by the author and that took some time, effort, and knowledge on his part. It is copied line for line in this skin. Then, the OP has the nerve to stand there and insist he didn't copy it...continually. Do you not see how disrespectful that is for one?, and secondly, he's basically calling the guy who knows his code when he sees it a liar.
This takes me back about 8 years ago. I was furious with another female in my class because she stole my html. SAME structure. I coded it by hand!

Then I realized it's really not that hard to do in the first place and as a fellow coder I should respect the fact that there's only so many ways to 'structure' a page. IF Adam stole his CSS, it was 'transformed' (lack of a better word) into something NOT Social.

But Adam could remove the resource he could go back and change everything and produce the same colors and results. What purpose would it serve?

In Art History I learned there really no such thing as an original anymore. Not saying go and steal everyone's work but this... this is basic code... O.o

I'm kind of appalled that people are seeing the code is exactly copied as referenced here yet still defend the one who copied him.

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/socially-uncensored.36105/#post-412440

Screw the images, the sprite or the close, but solely the extra.css.

I'm literally about to go through all of the paid styles and copied the code just use the new images, and apparently the mods won't do anything about it.

And PS. i have nothing against you Adam I just think it's a shame saying you googled that css it's how you have the exact same extra.css, when you were using social... yet no credit has been given
You want a few more places to look for code.... OK....

Here is 9,268 post all talking about how to change and skin things for XenForo

http://xenforo.com/community/forums/styling-and-customization-questions.47/

Another 3,000 some odd post also on tweaks and tips and yes, some skinning

http://xenforo.com/community/forums/tips-and-guides.79/

And that's not counting all the other random things posted all over this site.

Want my final answer to this whole topic....

Bite me jack-a**. Period. ..... Love it, like it, hate it, or despise it.... Make peace with it, it's not going to change. Period.

I gathered the collection of some of the code via XenForo. You'd be hard pressed not to find a single line of code in my skin or any other skin that hasn't shared some code from some place here at one time or another.

This will be my last post in this thread because denial is a funny thing...

but here's a snapshot of the extra.css. On the right side, the blue is all the MATCHING code, as you can see 90% of the entire CSS is matching. The little red vertical bars on the right side show your what you're currently seeing in the viewing panel. As you can see the code shown is about a 6th of the entire css(it's just to give you an idea of how much is actually copied)

css.webp

Baffles mean, just own to man, keep the style color variations are good but give him credit if you're jacking 90% of the extra.css.

The organization is similar indeed but produces a different look but essentially is XF default theme given...

So, thank you John, for pointing out that he did use the same structure and notes. However, I feel compelled to still side with my earlier case about it not being that hard. A little time consuming, but not hard - for people who know how. If I felt so strongly about people protecting css codes I'd probably ask that Adam post a thanks to the Social theme creator in his CSS for the outline and notes.

And I'd be on the side of asking to remove his links etc, if this was a style was not XF's default theme prettied up.

lol just thank the other coder on your main post and mention it's inspired from it ! I guess that's all everyone is asking . Is it so hard common looks so similar unless there will be big earthquake next morning .

So is this a mock dry run of the impending court battle between Xen and VB . :p
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

It feels like it.... Some people can't take out their frustration on vBulletin or our on KAM for having to take a small step back ..... And so I guess I'm just an easy target.

I'm working on a Green Skin, which will be designed in inspiration of this skin (my skin), Socially Uncensored. Was thinking of calling it, Green Monster.

God knows how much drama that brings up. :p:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom