Socially Uncensored [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it amusing that he is so fired up when he himself has a somewhat questionable past.
I can see that and thank you for pointing that out.

This was my first skin here on XenForo. And it wasn't as easy as I thought it would be. I actually learned that it is easier to tweak the code for modifications than it is to skin. So I worked really hard to do this and while it may not be much.... I'm still proud of it.

I can see that and thank you for pointing that out.

This was my first skin here on XenForo. And it wasn't as easy as I thought it would be. I actually learned that it is easier to tweak the code for modifications than it is to skin. So I worked really hard to do this and while it may not be much.... I'm still proud of it.
Got to start somewhere. Very nice looking style BTW.

OK. I apologies. I've been on the defensive for a while, Shelley. I don't like having to defend my work.... Constructive criticism... I can respect that.

I've looked at the final version found here;
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/socially-uncensored.36105/page-2#post-412472

I don't see anything wrong with it.... The rough draft before it though did have some color distortion though.

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/socially-uncensored.36105/page-2#post-412462

But that was posted only to show where I was going to take it. Was never actually used.

No apology needed Adam, if you created the node icons from the png then by all means you have to defend your claim. The reason i brought it up (and i know speech bubbles aren't unique) but the node sprite does look awfully like the other guys more specifically the styling of the node icon and the redirect/page icon being cropped diagonally in the bottom right, along with the similar arrow and shading/shine on the bubble.

I have offered help to you that you may need in the past Adam, that still stands though your more than free to tell me to shove that offer right up my arse but the offer is there.

I find post #19 very interesting. Care to answer it?
Sure, I'm man enough to own up to my own mistake. Seven years ago I learned a very valuable lesson the hard way at the very beginning of my career. I think my work and reputation speaks for itself since then. As a matter of fact, feel free to chat with Miko and ask him about the amends I made in private with him and our relationship over the last seven years. I can also assure you if the OP in this thread had maned up when he was originally and kindly called out on it, none of this would be an issue.

Now, let's get back to the topic at hand, shall we?

Was sitting here wondering how this thread got 4 pages, then looked through it and saw.

lol no offense but I thought this skin looked like Socials. I thought you posted it because you were using Social so long you probably thought you made it hahaha.

Anyway, I too have been accused of copying Social: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/qapla-com-ips-blue-fluid-and-fixed.566/

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/ips-blue-fluid-and-fixed.30001/

^^^That was by John. But I didn't copy Social, I copied Invision Power Services http://community.invisionpower.com/

I'm all for copying as long as you give credit and especially if it's a completely different software's skin.

No apology needed Adam, if you created the node icons from the png then by all means you have to defend your claim.

Which I will keep on doing. Having only worked with GIMP (no Adobe here) and at 800% max zoom... That was no easy task and I wish I had, had an easier way to edit things.

The reason i brought it up (and i know speech bubbles aren't unique) but the node sprite does look awfully like the other guys more specifically the styling of the node icon and the redirect/page icon being cropped diagonally in the bottom right, along with the similar arrow and shading/shine on the bubble.

Inspiration come from "A" as in Adam. Kind of a signature things (personal calling card). The cut off makes it look like a folded paper or folder. Add a soft touch, enhance, a few line edits, and than glow (all using plug-ins, minus the line edits) and that gives the proper coloring and shadow.

I have offered help to you that you may need in the past Adam, that still stands though your more than free to tell me to shove that offer right up my arse but the offer is there.
If you feel the image doesn't look clear....You're welcome to help clean it up.

I personally think it looks fine... I'm using a 32" HD Wide-screen and only sitting 6 feet away.... God knows I'm surprised I don't have bad eye sight.

Was sitting here wondering how this thread got 4 pages, then looked through it and saw.

lol no offense but I thought this skin looked like Socials. I thought you posted it because you were using Social so long you probably thought you made it hahaha.

Anyway, I too have been accused of copying Social: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/qapla-com-ips-blue-fluid-and-fixed.566/

^^^That was by John. But I didn't copy Social, I copied Invision Power Services http://community.invisionpower.com/

I'm all for copying as long as you give credit and especially if it's a completely different software's skin.
So I'm not the only person who has been accused of ripping or stealing from that skin.

Good to know..... Kind of....

I don't see the relation of Social between your skin either. Kind of funny someone could actually try to accuse you of stealing his work.

I kinda don't care. I'm Black. I'm always getting accused for something.
Lmao.

I know the feeling (being accused of sh*t all the time).

I've been accused of seeing people that I neither know what they look like or their name. And places I didn't know exist, where they are, or how to get there. Along with doing things I didn't know you could do, let alone how to do them.

Yet my name.... Repeated often

^^^That was by John. But I didn't copy Social, I copied Invision Power Services http://community.invisionpower.com

I didn't "accuse you of copying", I said inspired and left it at that after your explanation.

I highlighted the key to this whole thing here. I'm happy to give someone permission to use my work if they show some common courtesy and ask first and give credit where credit is due. I know that's all Steve was after too, when he brought this up. That is what this is all about. Try putting in hours and hours of work on things for years and deal with being disrespected time and again (and stolen from!) and your perspective might be a little different too. ;)

Lmao.

I know the feeling (being accused of sh*t all the time).

I've been accused of seeing people that I neither know what they look like or their name. And places I didn't know exist, where they are, or how to get there. Along with doing things I didn't know you could do, let alone how to do them.

Yet my name.... Repeated often
Well dude has a right to be upset because yours looks too close to his plus you've been using Social or a variant of it as the main theme for a long time.

I didn't "accuse you of copying", I said inspired and left it at that after your explanation.

I highlighted the key to this whole thing here. I'm happy to give someone permission to use my work if they show some common courtesy and ask first and give credit where credit is due. I know that's all Steve was after too, when he brought this up. That is what this is all about. Try putting in hours and hours of work on things for years and deal with being disrespected time and again (and stolen from!) and your perspective might be a little different too. ;)
Oh I understand where he's coming from. That one Matthew kid did it to me too. Did it several times even.

Well dude has a right to be upset because yours looks too close to his plus you've been using Social or a variant of it as the main theme for a long time.
I'm going to have to respectfully disagree.

Yes, I have used Social. Been using it happily for a long time now. Was actually my default skin.

But did I copy anyone? NOPE. Just like how you were accused.... I don't believe you copied him.

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree.

Yes, I have used Social. Been using it happily for a long time now. Was actually my default skin.

But did I copy anyone? NOPE. Just like how you were accused.... I don't believe you copied him.
I didn't say you copied him. Just saying it looks TOO CLOSE to his.

Not to step on any toes but I think this argument is a bit useless outside the image issues.

If I just do an immediate side by side comparison socially uncensored looks like social whichhhh looks like the default xenforo style with some gradients and things here and there. SO the css shouldn't matter in my opinion? I'm not going to beat around the bush but as a random user just snooping through the styles I may not download either one unless there's another feature. BECAUSE - XF makes it easy to modify their default style :) What stops me from just producing random gradients in a similar fashion (which is not hard to me) and just doing this to my default XF theme?

Anyone want to clarify what the css does in particular to make it "unique" to the parties arguing? Someone educate me for a moment. Because the only issue I see here is the images - I don't know where the came from but he said a .png image that was free for everyone to use?

Enjoy the color/gradient choices on SU and Social but honestly!!! Not seeing a reason to fuss about it?

I suppose to an extreme level - maybe Adam can change the node icons to some other icon and remove the outline on the tooltips? It would end it fairly quickly even if you know you did right. Perhaps offer them on the side as an option but make the default icons somethings else? Speech bubbles/pages come in so many forms...

AND I didn't realize stealing colors was a crime? I should pack up my bags and surrender to my 'competitors' because I'm using red white and black.

You both do good work in my honest opinion. Just hate to see arguments over simple things like this.

Not to step on any toes but I think this argument is a bit useless outside the image issues.

If I just do an immediate side by side comparison socially uncensored looks like social whichhhh looks like the default xenforo style with some gradients and things here and there. SO the css shouldn't matter in my opinion? I'm not going to beat around the bush but as a random user just snooping through the styles I may not download either one unless there's another feature. BECAUSE - XF makes it easy to modify their default style :) What stops me from just producing random gradients in a similar fashion (which is not hard to me) and just doing this to my default XF theme?

Anyone want to clarify what the css does in particular to make it "unique" to the parties arguing? Someone educate me for a moment. Because the only issue I see here is the images - I don't know where the came from but he said a .png image that was free for everyone to use?

Enjoy the color/gradient choices on SU and Social but honestly!!! Not seeing a reason to fuss about it?

I suppose to an extreme level - maybe Adam can change the node icons to some other icon and remove the outline on the tooltips? It would end it fairly quickly even if you know you did right. Perhaps offer them on the side as an option but make the default icons somethings else? Speech bubbles/pages come in so many forms...

AND I didn't realize stealing colors was a crime? I should pack up my bags and surrender to my 'competitors' because I'm using red white and black.

You both do good work in my honest opinion. Just hate to see arguments over simple things like this.

THANK YOU (y)

There is no argument from me. I've got no problem with the way things are. With the exception of 1 image looking to close to comfort, which I have changed.... I'm good.

And just cuz I know you're on the defensive adam it's not an attack. There's slight criticism there based on the fact it is identical to XF theme in structure but the colors are different :) Great option for those who love blue and want a few more odds and ends to make it a pleasant theme. Same as social (but obviously different).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom