Implemented  Social Networking block.

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I agree with this, for consistency, they should be contained just as all the other info there is contained.

This is a good idea but it should implement in such a way, it blends nicely with the style. :) We could may be have options to change the button, size etc depending on the overall looks of the board.

Not really seeing a block there Shelley, I think it should be like the other sidebar blocks myself :)

Ah no, that was an insignificant suggestion to switch the facebook and tweet button around so the facebook is above the twitter. I still feel the twitter and facebook needs it's own block. :)

Going to remove that screenshot as it gives the wrong impression. :P

Ah no, that was an insignificant suggestion to switch the facebook and tweet button around so the facebook is above the twitter. I still feel the twitter and facebook needs it's own block. :)

Going to remove that screenshot as it gives the wrong impression. :p

hehehe OK :) I suddenly thought I had misunderstood you completely, but I see we are on the same page as I thought :p

I made a comment in the tweet tweet thread and feel it would be a nice option if the devs could contain the facebook and tweet features that reside in the sidebar area with a social block?

A little self promotion here....

I have posted a screencast on Monday about the "Sociable" block for my website that integrates with several social networks (also allowing users to enter for custom ones...)

Since the Tweet Button is now standard I have removed my custom code for it and, thanks to Kier I have added the default XenForo code into "Xeno Sociaable"

This is what it looks like

sociable.webpscreen-capture-2.webp

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I have posted a screencast on Monday about the "Sociable" block for my website that integrates with several social networks (also allowing users to enter for custom ones...)

Since the Tweet Button is now standard I have removed my custom code for it and, thanks to Kier I have added the default XenForo code into "Xeno Sociaable"

This is what it looks like

I'd like to see kier and mike allow users to apply other social networks into the social block (pending it get's introduced) it's a feature I find that is very beneficial to all sites and hope this get's implemented then expanded upon allowing us to choose which networks we want to add.

@Miko's video -showoff. :p Excellent work a great example on how well this would benefit everyone.

Very nice Miko.

The social bits and pieces on the sidebar are all in a single template that contains nothing else, so it will be easily customizable. At present I'm not inclined to wrap the buttons in a box, as I don't feel that it makes sense to enclose boxes within boxes. If there were uncontained text it would be a different story (as with Miko's box) but in the default implementation I don't really see the point. If anyone disagrees, like I said, it's a very simple template and you can do with it as you like.

The social bits and pieces on the sidebar are all in a single template that contains nothing else, so it will be easily customizable. At present I'm not inclined to wrap the buttons in a box, as I don't feel that it makes sense to enclose boxes within boxes. If there were uncontained text it would be a different story (as with Miko's box) but in the default implementation I don't really see the point. If anyone disagrees, like I said, it's a very simple template and you can do with it as you like.

I disagree 100% with you on this one. There's a block containing avatars I just feel it's lacking consistency hanging the social features out to dry on a default setting. Just one question, Is there an option to disable the tweet and facebook on the sidebar but retain them in the messagelist?

There's a block containing avatars
If you're talking about blocks on the member list, they require enclosure as they have a heading. The Tweet and Like buttons don't have (or need) a heading, so I disagree that they require a surrounding box.

If you want to disable the buttons on the sidebar it's the same answer as if you want to enclose them in a box - a simple template edit of the sidebar_share_page template.

I think what you really want, Kier is to add a share button with loads od options user can shoose from... there are plenty of sites people want to submit stuff too... digg, reddit and others... you may also want to give an option and add a custom button...i really like the concept of http://www.addthis.com/bookmark.php

I implemented Add This on my phpBB forum; it's quite easy to do if you were inclined to add it yourself in the Sidebar.

i would love to have it just below reply section (somewhere) above tweet and facebook buttons perhaps.
begging for somebody to tell me where do i need to adjust template?

I would create a new template and add the Add This code to it.
Then just include that template in forum_list like this:

Code:
        <!-- end block: forum_stats -->

<xen:include template="add_this" />

<xen:include template="sidebar_share_page" />

</xen:hook>
</xen:sidebar>

Just re-read your post and I think you mean in the threads.
In which case the template would be thread_view, for example:

Code:
{xen:raw $threadStatusHtml}

<xen:include template="add_this" />

<xen:include template="share_page">
    <xen:set var="$url">{xen:link 'canonical:threads', $thread}</xen:set>
</xen:include>

Thank you for your kind help.

Off topic question: i did couple of manipulations with templates, tried just copy and paste but for some reason it did not work... so had to manually type the code... is there reason why?
I'm sorry for not searching properly forum trying to find the answer.

Top Bottom