Resource icon

Social Network Authentication (Twitter, Google, VK.com) 1.0

No permission to download
@Sheratan thank you for your custom version of the plugin it works perfectly! I was having issues with the one from the original author.

Does anyone know how to add captcha verification when users make new accounts with their social media logins? Verifications are not need when a users account already exists, however, when a user creates a new account it would still be nice to have verification there, although not 100% necessary since they will be using their social media accounts and I doubt spammers would go through that much trouble, but who knows.

i use XF 1.2.4. Using TMS no Button Shown. No TMS shown this :
social_requires_tms

1. Social_Install::build()
  2. call_user_func() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 215
  3. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 169
  4. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 187
  5. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstall() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
  6. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  7. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /mydomain/html/admin.php at line 13
what wrong on my XF?

Hmm, why i am getting these errors?
Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'google_auth_id' in 'field list'

I tested Google registration myself and it doesnt work. I am using latest xfrocks version and TMS is uninstalled.

I keep getting ...

There is no request token for this page. That's the special key we need from applications asking to use your Twitter account. Please go back to the site or application that sent you here and try again; it was probably just a mistake.​

Regenerated and rentered keys. Uninstalled TMS and installed the Social profile fix. No luck.

Also see the following server error logs ...

1. Undefined index: oauth_token 36 minutes ago - library/Social/Extra/twitteroauth/twitteroauth.php:80
  2. Delete...
    Undefined index: oauth_token_secret 36 minutes ago - library/Social/Extra/twitteroauth/twitteroauth.php:80

Last edited:
I keep getting ...

There is no request token for this page. That's the special key we need from applications asking to use your Twitter account. Please go back to the site or application that sent you here and try again; it was probably just a mistake.​

Regenerated and rentered keys. Uninstalled TMS and installed the Social profile fix. No luck.

Also see the following server error logs ...

1. Undefined index: oauth_token 36 minutes ago - library/Social/Extra/twitteroauth/twitteroauth.php:80
  2. Delete...
    Undefined index: oauth_token_secret 36 minutes ago - library/Social/Extra/twitteroauth/twitteroauth.php:80
Wait for Xf 1.3.x :)

What happens when one upgrades to XF 1.3 and if one has previously been using this addon? Will the users be able to log in once XF 1.3 is installed and this addon removed?

I'm using xenforo 1.2.4 and did everything as stated but i don't have login with twitter and google buttons? What could be wrong?

I have a user who is trying to authenticate his account with Twitter using this mod, but he's receiving an error each time. Here's what I've pulled from the error log:

Undefined index: oauth_token - library/Social/Extra/twitteroauth/twitteroauth.php:114

#0 /home4/public_html/library/Social/Extra/twitteroauth/twitteroauth.php(114): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError('URvFcuOe6yeNBLJ...')
#1 /home4/public_html/library/Social/Provider/Oauth/Twitter.php(39): TwitterOAuth->getAccessToken('http://www.tita...')
#2 /home4/public_html/library/Social/Provider/Abstract.php(14): Social_Provider_Oauth_Twitter->getAccessToken('http://www.tita...')
#3 /home4/public_html/library/Social/ControllerPublic/Register.php(38): Social_Provider_Abstract->authenticate(Object(Social_Provider_Oauth_Twitter))
#4 /home4/public_html/library/Social/ControllerPublic/Register.php(396): Social_ControllerPublic_Register->_getProviderResponse()
#5 /home4/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(337): Social_ControllerPublic_Register->actionTwitter(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#6 /home4/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch()
#7 /home4/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#8 {main}

I would suggest just waiting until 1.3 to come out. I removed this plugin until there is native support for these other login options. It will save you a headache.

1.3, at least the beta, will be out soon that has this feature built in, and officially supported. I tried this plugin and it did work, but you need to follow the instructions below. Just remove your current version of this plugin fully and if you do not need/want TMS remove that as well as it is unneeded. The plugin below worked perfectly for me.

Info below is originally from Sheratan . I used it and it works perfectly. You can uninstall TMS as it is not needed, unless you want to keep it.

"You dont need TMS for XF 1.2.x, and use this version for XF 1.2.x.

Download it here https://github.com/xfrocks/Social/archive/account/provider_profile_info_fix.zip"

Hello, Does anybody know How can we import those data from this addon to the built-in Feature?
Sadly I already upgraded to 1.3.0 beta 1 but all my user's that are previously using this will need to re-associate their account.
But most of them didn't have password so it's difficult for them to re-associate.
:(

Top Bottom