1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Add-on Social Groups

Discussion in 'Resource and Add-on Requests' started by Summit, Mar 8, 2014.

1. Summit

Summit Active Member

I love the social groups that I have from Waindingo, however I wanted something a little different. I like this add-on http://xenforo.com/community/resources/social-groups-for-xenforo-1-2-compatible.267/
    BUT, it isn't mobile responsive and it also has some bugs. I was wondering if someone could basically make this http://www.bungie.net/en/Groups. I can pay for this, just depending on amount. If you can do it for free that would be amazing, if not PM me your price. Let me know guys :)

Really key features I'm looking for

-Ability to customize your group (banners, icons etc)
    -See customized group Icon in groups tab

Pretty much a replica of the Bungie one

Slind likes this.
  2. Dinh Thanh

Dinh Thanh Well-Known Member

3. Summit

Summit Active Member

Only problem I have with that, is it feels more like a user profile then a group. Thats just my opinion though

intradox and xf_phantom like this.
  4. Dinh Thanh

yeah, he uses profile templates, I think.

Nobita.Kun likes this.
  5. Summit

Summit Active Member

Yeah, and there's nothing wrong with it. Its still a great add-on. I just like the feel of the 2 examples I put up.

6. Nobita.Kun

Nobita.Kun Well-Known Member

Yep! I used similar template of profile :)

7. Dinh Thanh

Any plan to use your own template? I also don't like profile template, it doesn't encourage people to talk.

8. Summit

Summit Active Member

Agreed, if you used your own template, I would defiantly buy it :) Could you do it custom for a price @Nobita.Kun?

9. Dinh Thanh

His product should be improved. Social Group is very potential add-on. Too many forums want it.
    Good UI, great UX and good notification system would bring many benefits to users.

Nobita.Kun likes this.
  10. Summit

Summit Active Member

It really would bring lots of attention. I would defiantly crowd fund it if someone was up to the task

11. Nobita.Kun

Why not waiting to version 1.1.0 release? :p

Dinh Thanh likes this.
  12. Summit

Summit Active Member

Is that a Hint haha

13. Sage Knight

Sage Knight Well-Known Member

I actually am seeking a robust and well made Social Group addon myself, @LP-John was also having one made.

Dinh Thanh likes this.
  14. John L.

John L. Well-Known Member

Ours is quite a ways off. Quality of code is just as important to us as the UI. However, I can say upfront that ours utilizes the User Profile template. A modified version, but our belief is keeping the look of XenForo intact with our products. Unfortunately I can't give you an ETA on our product, but we believe it will be worth the wait.

Dinh Thanh and Sage Knight like this.
  15. Nobita.Kun

Dinh Thanh likes this.
  16. Dinh Thanh

Allan likes this.
  17. Summit

Summit Active Member

@Nobita.Kun I love the new group picture and the layout is "Better". It still needs a few things however, which I think could succeed. Make a forums area like how waindingo does. Not everyone want to just post on a wall if you know what I mean. Also, when you are viewing the groups, I feel like its more of a resource section.

18. Allan

Allan Well-Known Member

+1

19. intradox

intradox Well-Known Member

Would love to see a social groups with ability to support 3rd party addons or hooks. Something like IPB's - http://community.invisionpower.com/files/file/4226-rsyvarth-social-groups/ where they have additional addons such as Gallery, Subforums, chatbox, etc. per group.

I've tried all 3 of Xenforo's groups and they each have features missing such as forums/subforums or gallery or decent design. I've been willing to pay for a good solution but just have not been impressed thus far.

For me, I'm looking more for something along the lines of Steam groups, http://steamcommunity.com/app/227860/discussions/

Alfa1 likes this.
  20. Dinh Thanh

It's one month.
    Keep waiting...