Social Groups for XenForo

Social Groups for XenForo [Paid] 2.1.33 Patch Level 6

No permission to buy ($49.00)
Send me a zip of UIX (plus whatever else I need to run their styles) and I’ll try to fix it on the weekend.

Hello! I'm also having an issue with the UI.X 2 add-on. I upgraded my forum to XF 2.2.1 this morning, and updated both UI.X and Social Groups.

I'm currently unable to edit the PAGE_CONTAINER template. It gives me this error whenever I attempt to save it (even without my own custom edits): Line 1575: Syntax error - Template modifications: public: PAGE_CONTAINER

The error only goes away when I disable the Social Groups add-on. I think there might be a conflicting template modification?

Yeah it’s a known issue. I’m trying to work out another way to display the group pages to avoid making template modifications that interfere with third party styles.

It’s not a simple fix so please be patient.

How can permissions be rebuilt? There appears to be no option to do that. Our users reported that all of their permissions were gone after the simpleCache row in xf_data_registry was deleted.

How can permissions be rebuilt? There appears to be no option to do that. Our users reported that all of their permissions were gone after the simpleCache row in xf_data_registry was deleted.
HOW on earth did your simpleCache row get deleted? That's not something that XF does and most certainly wouldn't be deleted by the add-on unless you uninstall it, and even then the row doesn't get deleted, just the data for the add-on gets removed from the simpleCache.

If nothing's changed in the add-on, the only way to re-gain the permissions you set are to reset each level (owner, moderator & member) and save them in the admin area. I would also save the settings for the add-on (Group settings) since they are also stored in the simpleCache.

Last edited:
HOW on earth did your simpleCache row get deleted? That's not something that XF does and most certainly wouldn't be deleted by the add-on unless you uninstall it, and even then the row doesn't get deleted, just the data for the add-on gets removed from the simpleCache.

If nothing's changed in the add-on, the only way to re-gain the permissions you set are to reset each level (owner, moderator & member) and save them in the admin area. I would also save the settings for the add-on (Group settings) since they are also stored in the simpleCache.

Thanks for posting that. :)

When a member is invited to join the group, can we have it send an alert instead of a conversation?

I have disabled Private Conversations so that I can use an addon. This would help if it sent an alert that the user can click instead of a message

When a member is invited to join the group, can we have it send an alert instead of a conversation?

I have disabled Private Conversations so that I can use an addon. This would help if it sent an alert that the user can click instead of a message

Not by default, you can set it in the group owner tools.
3AF0A0A4-246D-4218-ABF0-633BD9936BC1.webp

Top Bottom