Social Groups for XenForo

Social Groups for XenForo [Paid] 2.1.33 Patch Level 6

No permission to buy ($49.00)
Is there a preferred banner size for the groups?
Since banners are automatically cropped and resized, there's no real preference. It's just whatever works for you.

But they should be larger than 220 x 80 for small banners and larger than the settings in Group settings for the large banners (if you use them) so they can be properly cropped and resized.

Reactions: CJ6
hello,
we are hungry for a social group solution haha....but i do not see any importers anywhere!

we are migrating in from vb4.2.5 is it possible?

hello,
we are hungry for a social group solution haha....but i do not see any importers anywhere!

we are migrating in from vb4.2.5 is it possible?
There are no importers available for my add-on and there are no plans to create one.

Is it safe to upgrade my test board to XF2.1? I have SG 2.1.7.1 installed now.

Also, how do SG upgrades work, for future reference. Just upload the new files and overwrite the existing ones, then run up[grade from the AddOns Admin CP?

Is it safe to upgrade my test board to XF2.1? I have SG 2.1.7.1 installed now.

Also, how do SG upgrades work, for future reference. Just upload the new files and overwrite the existing ones, then run up[grade from the AddOns Admin CP?
Yes, it's safe to upgrade to XF 2.1. There are a couple of minor problems (no errors) that will be fixed in a release later today, after I upgrade my site to 2.1.

And yes, that is how you would upgrade the group system when new releases are done.

Snog updated Social Groups for XenForo 2.x with a new update entry:

Social Groups for XenForo 2.x Update 2.1.7.2

An update to the Social Groups system for XenForo 2.x has been released. Those that have purchased this add-on, please log into your account on my site to download this update.
  • Fix - Error when an admin has never belonged to any groups and tries to access a group discussion
  • Fix - Unable to like/react to posts in group forum after upgrade to XenForo 2.1
  • Fix - Phrase missing for group permission to like/react to posts

Read the rest of this update entry...

I'm trying to be as accommodating as I can to give people a chance to upgrade to XenForo 2.1 and I am currently continuing to support XenForo 2.0.

If you get this error (or anything similar to it referring to "canLike") in XenForo 2.1 that refers to the group system...
  • Error: Call to undefined method XFMG\XF\Entity\Post::canLike()
  • src/addons/Snog/Groups/XF/Entity/Post.php:181
It IS NOT coming from the social group system. It is coming from another add-on.

The social group system does not call canLike in any template or code, it is there for backward compatibility only. It is just revealing the fact that you have an add-on that is still using XF 2.0 calls to the canLike function which does not exist in XF 2.1.

I do strongly suggest everyone upgrade to XenForo 2.1 since I will be dropping support for XF 2.0 in the next release of the social group system.

Just went live by vB4.2->XF1.5->XF2.1 and then installed Social Groups 2.1.7.2. Missing template showing up in syslog:

Template error: Template public:alert_user_trophy is unknown

I checked a fresh install of XF2.1 and that is not a standard template. I only have Social Groups and Siropu Ad Mgr as third party AddOns, so I figure it has to be one of these guys. I checked my test system with XF2.0 and SG 2.1.7.1 and that template does exist there.

Just went live by vB4.2->XF1.5->XF2.1 and then installed Social Groups 2.1.7.2. Missing template showing up in syslog:

Template error: Template public:alert_user_trophy is unknown

I checked a fresh install of XF2.1 and that is not a standard template. I only have Social Groups and Siropu Ad Mgr as third party AddOns, so I figure it has to be one of these guys. I checked my test system with XF2.0 and SG 2.1.7.1 and that template does exist there.
alert_user_trophy is an XF 1.5 template. It is not called or used by the Social Groups system.

Look at the time the errors took place. If it was during the time the upgrade processes were running, you can safely ignore and clear the errors. They shouldn't happen again.

Last edited:
Look at the time the errors took place. If it was during the time the upgrade processes were running, you can safely ignore and clear the errors. They shouldn't happen again.
Turns out to be a XF2.0 upgrade bug. The devs know about it now. Sorry to bug you.

Last edited:
Final warning: Tomorrow the next version of the Social Groups system will be released. Support for XenForo 2.0.x will be dropped in that release.

Snog updated Social Groups for XenForo 2.x with a new update entry:

Social Groups for XenForo 2.x Update 2.1.8

An update to the Social Groups system for XenForo 2.x has been released. Those that have purchased this add-on, please log into your account on my site to download this update.
  • Fix - "No" option not showing as selected in social group permissions
  • Fix - Error while searching when private/hidden groups exist and user does not belong to any groups
  • Change - Removed support for XenForo 2.0
NOTE: This add-on will no longer install on or update XenForo 2.0

Read the rest of this update entry...

Reactions: rdn
Is it possible to join the group with some kind of application form? This would be nice feature for clans/guilds.

Is it possible to join the group with some kind of application form? This would be nice feature for clans/guilds.
That isn't directly possible. Someone could use a form to apply (different add-on), and then they could be manually invited to the group if they are accepted.

I wish this works with different primary user groups. Unfortunately I’ll have to wait for the other addons that support this, even though I’m not a fan of their coding 😔
Not sure I understand this problem. Everyone needs to have registered as primary group? Even admins?

Top Bottom