Social Groups for XenForo 1.x [Deleted]

Snog updated Social Groups with a new update entry:

Social Groups Update 1.2.1

An update to the Social Groups system has been released. Those that have purchased this add-on, please log into your account on my site to download this update.
  • Fix - Group avatars not being resized when uploaded
  • Fix - Group moderators unable to moderate threads in group sub-forums
  • Fix - New posts not registering properly in main forum display
  • Fix - Sub-forum count not correct in main forum display for admins without 'Admin Social Groups' permission
  • Fix - Admins without...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi @Snog,

Thank you for the update, I can't believe you've added my suggestion already! (y)(y)(y)

When upgrading, can the XF template merge system be used?

Thanks again :)

When upgrading, can the XF template merge system be used?
I would think so. Personally I've never tried it when updating an add-on.

Then again, I've never gotten an outdated template notice when updating an add-on either. So, I'm not sure.

Last edited:
Hey, I'm having permission issue with Social Groups ver. 1.2.0. For some reason logged out users are able to see the threads that shouldn't be visible. When you log in the threads are no longer accessible. What could be the issue?

Hey, I'm having permission issue with Social Groups ver. 1.2.0. For some reason logged out users are able to see the threads that shouldn't be visible. When you log in the threads are no longer accessible. What could be the issue?
They can view the content of the thread or just the thread title?

Please post the settings for the group in question.

Last edited:
They can see the content of the thread. I guess it's just permissions for unregistered/unconfirmed users. I've changed it so these users couldn't see the social forums at all but thread was still available via link.

They can see the content of the thread. I guess it's just permissions for unregistered/unconfirmed users. I've changed it so these users couldn't see the social forums at all but thread was still available via link.
Could you please post the settings for one of the groups in question? (from Owner Tools)

I'm terribly sorry but I've just realised that I was looking at a wrong add-on. I have the Social Groups by Waindigo add-on.

I'm sorry once again.

I'm terribly sorry but I've just realised that I was looking at a wrong add-on. I have the Social Groups by Waindigo add-on.

I'm sorry once again.
Well that also explains why I couldn't find you as a member of my site. ;)

Argument 1 passed to Snog_SocialGroups_Helper_DataWriter::createConversation() must be of the type array, boolean given, called in /var/www/library/Snog/SocialGroups/ControllerPublic/Index.php on line 617 and defined
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()inSnog/SocialGroups/Helper/DataWriter.phpat line37
  2. Snog_SocialGroups_Helper_DataWriter::createConversation()inSnog/SocialGroups/ControllerPublic/Index.phpat line617
  3. Snog_SocialGroups_ControllerPublic_Index->actionJoinGroup()inXenForo/FrontController.phpat line347
  4. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch()inXenForo/FrontController.phpat line134
  5. XenForo_FrontController->run()in/var/www/index.phpat line13

Argument 1 passed to Snog_SocialGroups_Helper_DataWriter::createConversation() must be of the type array, boolean given, called in /var/www/library/Snog/SocialGroups/ControllerPublic/Index.php on line 617 and defined
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()inSnog/SocialGroups/Helper/DataWriter.phpat line37
  2. Snog_SocialGroups_Helper_DataWriter::createConversation()inSnog/SocialGroups/ControllerPublic/Index.phpat line617
  3. Snog_SocialGroups_ControllerPublic_Index->actionJoinGroup()inXenForo/FrontController.phpat line347
  4. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch()inXenForo/FrontController.phpat line134
  5. XenForo_FrontController->run()in/var/www/index.phpat line13
Check that the PC Sender Name is set in the add-on options, and that the name is one of a valid user.

Can groups be listed and organized by State? I would like to have each group be tied to a location (State OR USA Wide) and users have the ability of listing groups within their selected State.

Is this available in this add-on?

Let me know if you need a copy for troubleshooting @Snog

Alternatively, if you can provide a copy of yours, I can do some checking.

Let me know if you need a copy for troubleshooting @Snog

Alternatively, if you can provide a copy of yours, I can do some checking.
lol ill get this.. i just deleted my post.. Seems to be a conflict with this plugin and Brogans Featured Threads.. When Social groups is enabled Featured threads block on the forum index disappears..

lol ill get this.. i just deleted my post.. Seems to be a conflict with this plugin and Brogans Featured Threads.. When Social groups is enabled Featured threads block on the forum index disappears..
Turn off the 'Fix Forum Index Sub-forum Counts' in the add-on options. See if that fixes the problem.

forumcount.webp

That was added for just this type of situation. ;)

Last edited:
Can groups be listed and organized by State? I would like to have each group be tied to a location (State OR USA Wide) and users have the ability of listing groups within their selected State.

Is this available in this add-on?
If you make a category for each state, and check the 'Use Category List' option for the add-on, the categories will automatically list in alphabetical order. When a user selects a state, all groups for that state will be listed.

Then it's just up to the users to select the correct state when creating their group.

If you make a category for each state, and check the 'Use Category List' option for the add-on, the categories will automatically list in alphabetical order. When a user selects a state, all groups for that state will be listed.

Then it's just up to the users to select the correct state when creating their group.

That is perfect for my usage. Will be purchasing this great add-on soon. :)

Top Bottom