Social Groups for XenForo 1.x [Deleted]

That didn't work. :(
I just tested the latest version of Featured Threads and the Featured Block showed immediately after turning off (unchecking) 'Fix Forum Index Sub-forum Counts' in the Social Group options.

Could your browser be caching content and showing you an old page?

Last edited:
interestingly it must have been a cache issue or something because your product was entirely disabled last night when i unchecked the 'Fix Forum Index Sub-forum Counts' option it was the same time i reenabled your plugin and the block totally vanished so i didnt bother waiting for or flushing the cache. Im still not sure how something was cached that wasnt even active previously but apparently it was because all is fine today..

Can group discussion posts count towards a member's overall post count and operate just like normal posts in a private sub-forum?

Can group discussion posts count towards a member's overall post count and operate just like normal posts in a private sub-forum?
Group Discussions are considered the same as a Private Conversation, so no they don't count toward a user's post count.

Keep in mind Group Discussions ARE NOT posts in a group forum. Any posts in a group forum do count toward a user's post count.

Group Discussions are considered the same as a Private Conversation, so no they don't count toward a user's post count.

Keep in mind Group Discussions ARE NOT posts in a group forum. Any posts in a group forum do count toward a user's post count.

Can the social group permissions apply to a forum node? Where members added into a social a group would be able to post to a private sub-forum that would count towards post count and be considered posts rather than conversations/messages?

Can the social group permissions apply to a forum node? Where members added into a social a group would be able to post to a private sub-forum that would count towards post count and be considered posts rather than conversations/messages?
Group permissions for the forum are set when the group is created or a sub-forum is added in the group owner tools.

If a group has been created with a group forum, then all posts in that forum or it's sub-forums count towards a member's post count.

And, members can not be added to a social group manually. They must join the group, or be invited to the group and accept the invitation.

Group permissions for the forum are set when the group is created or a sub-forum is added in the group owner tools.

If a group has been created with a group forum, then all posts in that forum or it's sub-forums count towards a member's post count.

And, members can not be added to a social group manually. They must join the group, or be invited to the group and accept the invitation.

So this is possible right?: I create a social group and usergroup called "Group A", give ownership to a member, have a sub-forum/node that allows only members of "Group A" to view/post in it. That member who is now the owner of it would be able to add/accept members into the group and moderate it on his/her own without me needing to be involved and the members that are accepted would be able to post in the sub-forum/node (separate from the private discussion/conversation one you mentioned earlier). Basically I want a few select members to be able to run their own groups on the site with their own private sub-forums/section they are able to moderate and add/remove members from without me needing to be involved after creating the group originally.

That social group would count as a user group (like register, moderator, admin, etc all do) correct?

If you configure it correctly, a member can create their own group (you can limit how many they join or can create) then they can make x amount of sub-forums set in the options and then give them the sub-forum creation permission. They can make it a private group that requires membership, someone clicks the join button and the owner of the group can accept the invite.

They can remove members, set moderators of the group and control the private area. You can also add a gallery and discussion board which is like an on-going conversation but I remove that option on my groups.

So this is possible right?: I create a social group and usergroup called "Group A", give ownership to a member, have a sub-forum/node that allows only members of "Group A" to view/post in it. That member who is now the owner of it would be able to add/accept members into the group and moderate it on his/her own without me needing to be involved and the members that are accepted would be able to post in the sub-forum/node (separate from the private discussion/conversation one you mentioned earlier). Basically I want a few select members to be able to run their own groups on the site with their own private sub-forums/section they are able to moderate and add/remove members from without me needing to be involved after creating the group originally.

That social group would count as a user group (like register, moderator, admin, etc all do) correct?
The short answer to the first part of your post is Yes. @Zynephix gave a fairly good explanation of how the system works.

So far as the second part, Social Groups do not count as a user group.

Snog updated Social Groups with a new update entry:

Social Groups Update 1.2.2

An update to the Social Groups system has been released. Those that have purchased this add-on, please log into your account on my site to download this update.
  • Fix - Error when main group category is hidden.
  • Fix - Group owner not set as watching forum when new group is created with a forum.
  • Fix - Users able to enter a blank message in group discussions/comments.
  • Fix - Add sub-forum showing in owner tools even if group does not have a forum.
  • Add - Option to remove...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Would it be possible to allow for non-member posting in groups? And have it configurable on a per group basis?

A lot of my members do want anyone to post in their groups without having to join it first. And especially since a lot of people end up asking why they can't post in this or that thread if they get a direct link to a group topic. In that sense, a "join this group" option at the bottom of topics in group areas would be useful as well. Many times they don't scroll up enough to see that the topic is part of a group.

Would it be possible to allow for non-member posting in groups? And have it configurable on a per group basis?

A lot of my members do want anyone to post in their groups without having to join it first. And especially since a lot of people end up asking why they can't post in this or that thread if they get a direct link to a group topic. In that sense, a "join this group" option at the bottom of topics in group areas would be useful as well. Many times they don't scroll up enough to see that the topic is part of a group.
I'll put this on the wish list, but it does defeat the purpose of the social group then.

I'll also put the 'join group' option on the wish list.

Snog you know I been wondering can I create a group page similar to a clan members addon with this??

I mean can I create layers within this like members listed in a specified order like leaders, officers and standard members?? Like a hierarchy system like military ranking system??

I know I asked you before about making a Clan members thingy! :)

Snog you know I been wondering can I create a group page similar to a clan members addon with this??

I mean can I create layers within this like members listed in a specified order like leaders, officers and standard members?? Like a hierarchy system like military ranking system??

I know I asked you before about making a Clan members thingy! :)
There isn't any ranking in the group system. Something like that would be handled by another add-on and use the user groups to provide that kind of list.

Back with another suggestion!

Would it be possible to have category-specific settings for the group creation notice?
  • Enable/Disable group creation notice for a specific category
  • Select group creation notice forum for a specific category

For example, I run a roleplay community. We have both In Character and Out of Character/Community groups. I would want the Out of Character notifications to be posted in a different forum from the In Character notifications.

Back with another suggestion!

Would it be possible to have category-specific settings for the group creation notice?
  • Enable/Disable group creation notice for a specific category
  • Select group creation notice forum for a specific category

For example, I run a roleplay community. We have both In Character and Out of Character/Community groups. I would want the Out of Character notifications to be posted in a different forum from the In Character notifications.
I'll put this on the wish list. But it will take some extensive re-coding to do.

Snog updated Social Groups with a new update entry:

Social Groups Update 1.2.4

An update to the Social Groups system has been released. Those that have purchased this add-on, please log into your account to download this update.
  • Fix - Heavy MySql server load on big boards.
  • Fix - Group banner/avatar display problem.
  • Fix - Error when saving edited discussion post.
  • Fix - User shown as moderator after transfering group ownership to someone else.
  • Change - Removed 'delete group' button from all screens except owner tools admin options.
NOTE: The...

Read the rest of this update entry...

@Snog
There are a lot of bugs that I think you should fix.

• Category is lower-case on group creation page. This looks bad.
  • A ton of undefined-offset server errors are generated
With all due respect, I paid 50$ for this addon. Please fix this.

Top Bottom