Social Groups for XenForo 1.x [Deleted]

Hi

I am having an issue with the social plugin which I do not believe is at all the "fault" of the social plugin - my webmaster left and the site blew up and I have got the site back for the most part but there is a server error when 1/4 of my members try to get to the site (they arrive at the forum but it just says "a server error has occurred, please try again later) The site is working A-okay for other members.

I have uploaded an image of my server error log from my ACP

I need to take this plugin off completely - but I can't uninstall it in the normal way because chunks are missing. Please would you be able to advise/help with next steps? Fab plugin by the way and not at all the plugin's fault - something my ex webmaster did!
Best advice I can give in a case like this is to be sure all of the add-on files are uploaded to your server, then re-install the add-on XML. That should create all of the missing database tables. Then you should be able to uninstall the add-on if you want.

Okay - that sounds good (to me anyway though I know nothing about files) do you know if I have to install them into a particular directory? Do I just FTP them into whichever directory?

Thanks so much for the fast reply and for helping!

Okay - that sounds good (to me anyway though I know nothing about files) do you know if I have to install them into a particular directory? Do I just FTP them into whichever directory?

Thanks so much for the fast reply and for helping!
You need to upload the CONTENTS of the upload folder (not the upload folder itself) to the root directory of your site.

The files will end up in the library/Snog/SocialGroups directory, data/socialgroups directory and the js/socialgroups directory.

Then install the addon-snog_groups.xml file in the admin area, Install Add-on section.

Lovely thank you - I will paste that to someone who has a clue what that means and hope that he can do it. I appreciate your help!
No problem. I'll be logging off for the night soon.

If you have a problem and you want me to see what I can do in the morning, log into my site and send me a PC with all of your site info (admin username, password, etc).

Hi Snog

We tried to reinstall the plugin to be able to uninstall it, and we got this error:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 394198 bytes) in /home/sfops/public_html/library/XenForo/Template/Compiler/Statement/Collection.php on line 30

Do you have any ideas?

Where can I find a link to your site?

This is the code from the file where it says the error is occurring - the bold is line 30

{
if ($statement !== '')
{
$partial .= ($partial === '' ? $statement : ' . ' . $statement);
}
}
else
{
if ($partial)
{
$output .= $this->_getFullStatementFromPartial($partial, $outputVar);
$partial = '';
}

$childStatement = $statement->getFullStatements($outputVar);
if ($childStatement !== '')
{
$output .= $childStatement;
}
}
}

if ($partial)
{
}

return $output;
}

public function getPartialStatement()

Hi Snog

We tried to reinstall the plugin to be able to uninstall it, and we got this error:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 394198 bytes) in /home/sfops/public_html/library/XenForo/Template/Compiler/Statement/Collection.php on line 30

Do you have any ideas?

Where can I find a link to your site?

My site is https://snogssite.com

If you could also send me the .zip file for the add-on via PC either here or on my site, that will help determine if there might be a problem with that.

This is the code from the file where it says the error is occurring - the bold is line 30

{
if ($statement !== '')
{
$partial .= ($partial === '' ? $statement : ' . ' . $statement);
}
}
else
{
if ($partial)
{
$partial = '';
}

$childStatement = $statement->getFullStatements($outputVar);
if ($childStatement !== '')
{
$output .= $childStatement;
}
}
}

if ($partial)
{
}

return $output;
}

public function getPartialStatement()
This is an error from XenForo, I do not have a clue why it's happening.

Having purchased appropriate licences as well as vb 4.x importer licence.

I have tried more than one clean install, and I have found that the importer does not import actual discussion group threads or messages. All appear as empty.

I am working on an import, and have followed each step explicitly, but the current group threads do not import.

At least it does not appear so.

A little help please.
(I work third shift so please know that my availability is programmed.) Thanks.

edit to add, my forum is currently offline and on a clean install and import.

Having purchased appropriate licences as well as vb 4.x importer licence.

I have tried more than one clean install, and I have found that the importer does not import actual discussion group threads or messages. All appear as empty.

I am working on an import, and have followed each step explicitly, but the current group threads do not import.

At least it does not appear so.

A little help please.
(I work third shift so please know that my availability is programmed.) Thanks.

edit to add, my forum is currently offline and on a clean install and import.
I'm a bit confused because you're referring to vB's group discussions as threads. Threads and discussions in both vB and the Social Group system are two totally different things.

When you import the discussions, is there a 'total' number of discussions imported shown?

I used the groups importer on a clean import of my vb4 installation.

Although the groups appear as a forum, none of the groups threads show up as in those forums.

Please bear with me as I am new to xf as well as trying to find solutions to my groups discussions.

Thanks.

I used the groups importer on a clean import of my vb4 installation.

Although the groups appear as a forum, none of the groups threads show up as in those forums.

Please bear with me as I am new to xf as well as trying to find solutions to my groups discussions.

Thanks.
No problem, we were all new once. ;)

Group Discussions would show up in the 'Group Discussions' tab for the group. Not, in their forum.
groupdiscussions.webp

Reactions: CTS
Hi Snog, is there an importer for Nobita groups? If not are you open to coding one up? We are in a situation where we got everything imported into Nobita groups but after seeing your script will serve us better, we'd like to migrate over from the other system. Thanks

Hi Snog, is there an importer for Nobita groups? If not are you open to coding one up? We are in a situation where we got everything imported into Nobita groups but after seeing your script will serve us better, we'd like to migrate over from the other system. Thanks
Unfortunately, no there isn't. I do not have, and have never looked at his system.

The same would apply here as did with Waindigo's group system...
https://xenforo.com/community/threads/social-groups-paid.79560/page-24#post-1029284

Snog,

Really like this software, and so do my members.

I have it fairly configured for my application but I noticed something I cant alter.

When viewing on my phone, vertically, I assume the lowest viewport size, ...
When viewing a discussion in a group I started, nobodies avatar shows. Not the problem.

But what I found is if I am viewing a post made by me in a discussion as the group owner, my avatar shows and is quite large.
Also has "Group Owner" in text immediatly below it.
Usually as wide as my phone display while viewing vertically, you know, holding phone upright in front of me, not in landscape.

I have been unable to find a setting to prevent this from occuring.

Thanks in advance.

Mark

ut what I found is if I am viewing a post made by me in a discussion as the group owner, my avatar shows and is quite large.
Also has "Group Owner" in text immediatly below it.
Usually as wide as my phone display while viewing vertically, you know, holding phone upright in front of me, not in landscape.
May I ask what size screen you have and what browser you're using? And does this happen with the default XF style? I've tested this on a small 3.5 inch, a 5.5 inch, and a 7 inch screen and can't duplicate what you're seeing.

Is this what you're seeing?

Last edited:
I am on a fairly new install using xf oem style unedited.

Using Samsung s4 viewport.

Shows up logged in or not.

Will pc you a link.

For everyone's benefit.. This turned out to be some added css in EXTRA.css. I've provided a fix to Mark.

Reactions: CTS
Thank you Snog.

Yes my css edit was the cause. And you provided the extra mile in helping me make both work together. Very much appreciated.

I rarely post reviews. But this mod, AND the support the author provides is top notch. Worth every penny, even with the migration script.

Awesome software. However, we get overflown by un-maintained groups: http://www.beamng.com/groups/?direction=asc . Could we get some useful features like:
  • Sorting groups by activity instead by name: By name is more like when you search for something. The main group discovery page should be focusing the groups that are most active though i guess?
  • Hide Groups on the index page that did not provide a banner (to hide all these awful looking groups in the list?)
  • Deprecating / deleting groups (with warning the creator beforehand) that did not get any activity/post for some months?

Top Bottom