Social Groups for XenForo 1.x [Deleted]

Hi, I have a user trying to edit a post within a group and gets this error:

Snog_SocialGroups_ControllerPublic_Groupdiscussion does not define an action called Editmessage

Any ideas? Thanks

Hi, I have a user trying to edit a post within a group and gets this error:
Any ideas? Thanks
I can't duplicate this.

Do any of the inline (popup) editors work for that user?

I'm asking because the discussion post editor is only an inline (popup) editor which calls editmessageinline. There is no full screen editor in group discussions.

I'll still have a closer look at this tomorrow on my dev server to see if I can duplicate it.

Snog,

I was experimenting how the group forums work, I noticed that when the system creates a forum for a group, certain permission masks are preset for that forum.

Is there a way to select which default perms are set, like can view attachments, which by default is turned to revoke for some reason.

Can this be made to change the default perms on created forums?

Edit to ask,... also noticed that if you are not the group owner, when viewing a group, the responsiveness doesnt work using a firefox browser and on my phone in the smallest viewport size. Havent tested on other browsers yet.

Last edited:
Snog,

I was experimenting how the group forums work, I noticed that when the system creates a forum for a group, certain permission masks are preset for that forum.

Is there a way to select which default perms are set, like can view attachments, which by default is turned to revoke for some reason.

Can this be made to change the default perms on created forums?

Edit to ask,... also noticed that if you are not the group owner, when viewing a group, the responsiveness doesnt work using a firefox browser and on my phone in the smallest viewport size. Havent tested on other browsers yet.
The permission not being set is intentional and came out of the group that did the initial beta tests of the system. It is because a group may have files attached to posts that non-members should not have access to, but it is OK if they read the posts. Call it an incentive to join the group. ;)

However I will put the option to allow non-member viewing of attached files on the wish list.

So far as firefox goes, I'll need to know exactly where the responsive style isn't working. I tested it with a 3.5", 5.5" and 7" display and it works for me. You may need to adjust the wide, medium and narrow responsive settings in your style properties. For my site they are set at 850, 730 and 480 for the XF default style and 850, 710 and 480 for my site's normal style.

Last edited:
Just tried a couple more browsers.

The one that gave me the above anomoly is the latest adblock browser, which appears to be a mozilla engine. I tried my plain firefox and it works as it should.

The one that gave me the above anomoly is the latest adblock browser, which appears to be a mozilla engine. I tried my plain firefox and it works as it should.
Since it works with all other browsers, I would have to say it's a problem with the browser and there's nothing that can be done about it.

Since it works with all other browsers, I would have to say it's a problem with the browser and there's nothing that can be done about it.
Ya know, after I realized I was using that adblock browser, I agree.

Hello,

One of my customer has an issue with your add-on, it seems that regularly one of your query takes quite a bunch of time.
The concerned query is the one in the method getGroupsCount from your model Snog_SocialGroups_Model_Groups.

Was using this method on a custom groups index page I made for him and sometimes that query took more than 5s, that's a lot ! See the picture attached.

You have to do something, for a big site like my customer's one it's not a good thing.
One thought, why don't you register the membercount as a field in the xf_snog_socialgroup table ? That would clearly optimize the concerned query.

Clément

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2016-04-10 à 23.06.39.webp
    Capture d’écran 2016-04-10 à 23.06.39.webp
    24.6 KB · Views: 6
Hello,

One of my customer has an issue with your add-on, it seems that regularly one of your query takes quite a bunch of time.
The concerned query is the one in the method getGroupsCount from your model Snog_SocialGroups_Model_Groups.

Was using this method on a custom groups index page I made for him and sometimes that query took more than 5s, that's a lot ! See the picture attached.

You have to do something, for a big site like my customer's one it's not a good thing.
One thought, why don't you register the membercount as a field in the xf_snog_socialgroup table ? That would clearly optimize the concerned query.

Clément
Thanks for pointing this out. I'll see what I can do in the next release.

Note that query does not run all the time. The only time that query runs in a stock install is when someone uses the 'Group Display Options' and sorts by number of members. So, it should not affect the normal operation of the group system on most sites.

Last edited:
Since I will be out of commision for an unknown period of time starting tomorrow, I've decided to issue an update for the query later today.

Snog updated Social Groups with a new update entry:

Social Groups Update 1.3.11

An update to the Social Groups system has been released. Those that have purchased this add-on, please log into your account on my site to download this update.
  • Fix - Long query time when sorting groups by number of members.
NOTE: It is strongly recommended that you take your site offline and backup your database before installing this update.

Read the rest of this update entry...

I have recently purchased another mod, Node Icon Tweak, and after installation found using both on my site will produce errors while making node changes in acp for a page node. I am certain the conflict resides between these two mods.

Any chance of you two guys getting together to figure this out?
I hope to be able to use both of these mods on my site.
Tnx

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/xfa-nodes-icon-tweak-paid.106513/page-3#post-1057571
https://xenforo.com/community/threads/xfa-nodes-icon-tweak-paid.106513/page-3#post-1059033

I have recently purchased another mod, Node Icon Tweak, and after installation found using both on my site will produce errors while making node changes in acp for a page node. I am certain the conflict resides between these two mods.

Any chance of you two guys getting together to figure this out?
I hope to be able to use both of these mods on my site.
Tnx

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/xfa-nodes-icon-tweak-paid.106513/page-3#post-1057571
https://xenforo.com/community/threads/xfa-nodes-icon-tweak-paid.106513/page-3#post-1059033
I've read through that entire thread starting where you posted the error and I don't see anything where I can say the social group add-on is causing the problem. The only time the Social Group add-on grabs control of saving a category is when the category is in fact a social group category. All other times it returns control to XenForo. This is because the category icons for Social Groups are handled by the Social Group system. And the forum save is not handled by the Social Group system at all in the admin area.

I'll see if I can get a copy of the node icon system later today to see if I can find something.

Snog updated Social Groups with a new update entry:

Social Groups Update 1.3.12

An update to the Social Groups system has been released. Those that have purchased this add-on, please log into your account on my site to download this update.
  • Fix - Conflict with [XFA] Nodes Icon Tweak.
NOTE: This does not allow [XFA] Nodes Icon Tweak to display a category icon for social group categories. That is controlled by the social group system itself.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Reactions: CTS
Hey, so what was the issue Snog ?
For some reason when I'd just do a 'return parent::actionSave()' your add-on would error out. I had to actually evaluate the parent action to a variable and return the variable. IE: $value = parent::actionSave(); return $value;

Perhaps xF extension handles things differently when calling the parent:: and getting it into a variable regarding extending.
But glad you updated your addon.
Thanks

Top Bottom