Social Groups for XenForo 1.x [Deleted]

Thanks! The group issue is resolved now!

Though fyi, I think this update wiped out the "Private Node" settings for my forums. Our staff forum was visible to the entire community until we caught it. x.x

Last edited:
Though fyi, I think this update wiped out the "Private Node" settings for my forums. Our staff forum and player discipline files were visible to the entire community until we caught it. x.x
It shouldn't have, but I'll look into it.

Though fyi, I think this update wiped out the "Private Node" settings for my forums. Our staff forum was visible to the entire community until we caught it. x.x
This is confirmed. I'll have a fix out asap.

For now anyone that has private forums (where Private Node is checked in node permissions), please check your forums and adjust as needed.

Snog updated Social Groups with a new update entry:

Social Groups Update 1.3.6

An update to the Social Groups system has been released. Those that have purchased this add-on, please log into your account on my site to download this update.
  • Fix - Regular XF private forums (where Private Node is checked in node permissions) being reset (made public) during add-on update
NOTE: This fix does not make regular XF private forums private again. If you updated to social groups 1.3.5 you need to check your private forums to be sure they are still private.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Great. I had a lot of information private in hidden staff bits which someone managed to get hold of. I know I should test it on a development board but I was logged in as an Admin and only just got told they were not private.

Great. I had a lot of information private in hidden staff bits which someone managed to get hold of. I know I should test it on a development board but I was logged in as an Admin and only just got told they were not private.
I was unaware of it myself and had the same situation happen.

I apologize to anyone where this might have caused a problem.

EDIT: From what I can tell, there were 3 sites that this might have affected. 2 of them have already posted here. I will contact the owner of the 3rd site directly.

Last edited:
With one particular group I'm getting an error when uploading photos

mkdir(): Permission denied

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
  2. mkdir() in Snog/SocialGroups/ControllerPublic/Photos.php at line 158
  3. Snog_SocialGroups_Controllerpublic_Photos->actionSavePhotos() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
  4. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  5. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/vhosts/mysite.co.uk/httpdocs/forum/index.php at line 13

With one particular group I'm getting an error when uploading photos

mkdir(): Permission denied

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
  2. mkdir() in Snog/SocialGroups/ControllerPublic/Photos.php at line 158
  3. Snog_SocialGroups_Controllerpublic_Photos->actionSavePhotos() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
  4. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  5. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/vhosts/mysite.co.uk/httpdocs/forum/index.php at line 13
That means the data/snogsocialgroups/Photos/<GROUPID> folder is not writable.

Check the permissions for the user that PHP runs as on your system.

is it possible to import groups from nobita's social groups plugin? i'd like to switch to this plugin, but i've already got a lot of active communities set up.

is it possible to import groups from nobita's social groups plugin? i'd like to switch to this plugin, but i've already got a lot of active communities set up.
Not at this time. I don't have any information about his add-on, so creating an importer would be next to impossible.

Top Bottom