Social Groups for XenForo 1.x [Deleted]

I just updated to the latest version and I'm having a weird issue when uploading banners. I changed the banner size to 350x75px. When I upload a .jpg banner, it loads the new version correctly. However, if I try to upload a .png banner, it just reverts to the original png banner.
  1. There was a 220x80 .png banner already uploaded
  2. I uploaded a 350x75 version of the same .png banner (this was the same one that had been originally uploaded, before we had the ability to set banner sizes)
  3. The banner showing up on the site was still the 220x80 banner
  4. I uploaded a .jpg version and the new banner loaded correctly and at the new 350x75 banner size.
  5. I uploaded a totally different .png image and it reverted back to the original 220x80 .png banner
All of this was done with the banner on a single group.
That's usually a caching issue.

Try hitting CTRL-F5 in your browser or clearing the browser cache.

Oops, actually just stumbled onto a bigger issue.

Every registered account, regardless of usergroup and permissions, is has full moderation privileges in the group forum area. I registered a brand new account to check, one that only has the "Registered" usergroup set as primary and it can edit/delete/move/etc. anything in a group forum.

Oops, actually just stumbled onto a bigger issue.

Every registered account, regardless of usergroup and permissions, is has full moderation privileges in the group forum area. I registered a brand new account to check, one that only has the "Registered" usergroup set as primary and it can edit/delete/move/etc. anything in a group forum.
I can't duplicate this.

What type of a group is it? Private, Hidden or public?

I'm asking because when the forum is created during the group creation process the group forum itself is set to these permissions for the registered user group...

Private/Hidden group - all permissions revoked
Private group - all permissions revoked except view node
Public group (no view content) - All permissions revoked except view node and view threads by others
Public group (view content) - All permissions revoked except view node, view thread and view content.

In all cases, the forum moderator permissions are all revoked for registered users.

By some chance when they register, are you somehow placing them in a secondary user group where those permissions might be overridden?

Last edited:
When an account registers, they're only added to the registered group. No secondary groups are used. I tested with both a newly registered account, and with accounts that later on do gain secondary groups.

I also noticed that every registered account can post in a group forum, even if they have not joined it first.

I'm seeing this with groups that are marked as:
  • Not Private but Require Approval AND Allow non-members to view group thread content
  • Allow non-members to view group thread content
  • Not private but require approval
  • Or if nothing is set
Private and Hidden groups are both fine, though that might be because a member can't access those forums at all.

When an account registers, they're only added to the registered group. No secondary groups are used. I tested with both a newly registered account, and with accounts that later on do gain secondary groups.

I also noticed that every registered account can post in a group forum, even if they have not joined it first.

I'm seeing this with groups that are marked as:
  • Not Private but Require Approval AND Allow non-members to view group thread content
  • Allow non-members to view group thread content
  • Not private but require approval
  • Or if nothing is set
Private and Hidden groups are both fine, though that might be because a member can't access those forums at all.
Could you please look at the actual permissions in the node tree for the group forum?

The registered user group (user group #2) should be this for a 'Not Private - Require approval' group...

perms.webp

Beyond that, I would need to be able to log into your system and take a look at the add-on settings, etc. If you want to do that, send me a PC with login info and I'll check it in the morning.

And I'm curious if anyone else is seeing this? I can't duplicate it and nobody else has mentioned this problem. So if someone else is seeing this problem, please do post about it.

Nope, working fine for me afaik since you fixed my other issue, will try later on a test account for you.

Hi @Snog . These are the registered usergroup permissions for one of the group forums:
a7f026ccf0d36ce4b7000af9056de83d.png

I'll send you a PM with login information.

Hi @Snog . These are the registered usergroup permissions for one of the group forums:

I'll send you a PM with login information.
According to those permissions, registered users can't post in the forum.

I won't be able to look at it tonight, but I will first thing in the morning.

I just noticed if you clicked "Owned Groups' it shows your groups, but if you own them you do not show in 'Member of Groups'. I can see why but surely it should show you there too?

(was a question someone asked on forum)

I just noticed if you clicked "Owned Groups' it shows your groups, but if you own them you do not show in 'Member of Groups'. I can see why but surely it should show you there too?

(was a question someone asked on forum)
The division is intentional and was requested to be that way.

Owned groups are just that, groups you own.

Member of Groups are groups you belong to but do not own.

Yeah I explained that to them but they still said it should show you in the Member of Groups too as it made sense. Does not bother me, just asking ^^

Yeah I explained that to them but they still said it should show you in the Member of Groups too as it made sense. Does not bother me, just asking ^^
I think it may be a problem with the phrasing. I struggled to come up with a good phrase. Perhaps change the phrase to something like 'Unowned Groups'?

I'll wait for their reply, if it IS that big of an issue to this single member I'll do the above, but it really has not bothered anyone else.

I'll wait for their reply, if it IS that big of an issue to this single member I'll do the above, but it really has not bothered anyone else.
That's a problem I deal with every day. It's just not possible to please everyone. You have to do a balancing act to keep the majority happy. ;)

That wouldn't make sense to me, it's much better divided and makes more sense to be that way, if you own a group, you're not a member of it, so showing your owned groups in the "member of" list wouldn't make sense lol

Unowned Groups'

That would suggest every other group ;)

Don't know if this helps, but I rephrased "Owned Groups" to "My Groups" and "Member of groups" to "My Memberships"

You have to do a balancing act to keep the majority happy

And this sounds interesting, where can I buy tickets? Is it a family friendly show? lmao :ROFLMAO:

Top Bottom