Social Groups for XenForo 1.x [Deleted]

FYI, there is another update schedule for Friday. It will include some requested additions such as an Alphabetic jump menu and Group Display Options...

jumpmenu.webp

I am currently running the next release on my site if anyone wants to play around with it and try to break it. :)

I'll give it a go later, I am usually good at breaking stuff - cannot wait!

However, bigger banner icons pleeeeeease :P

@Gossamer ...

I will probably limit the size of the forum description to a single line, say 150 characters. XenForo itself allows a much longer (almost unlimited) description. The reason I want to do this is so we don't have people writing a full description of their group in the forum description when it should be in the group description.

Does this sound reasonable to you?
Would it be possible to have 300-500 characters max? Or a configurable option for a longer description field. I agree that it shouldn't be unlimited, but my players would often need a few sentences.

Would it be possible to have 300-500 characters max? Or a configurable option for a longer description field. I agree that it shouldn't be unlimited, but my players would often need a few sentences.
I'll make it a 500 character limit. I think that's more than enough to summarize what a group is. Much more than that and it defeats the purpose of the long description for a group.

Snog updated Social Groups with a new update entry:

Social Groups Update 1.3.4

An update to the Social Groups system has been released. Those that have purchased this add-on, please log into your account on my site to download this update.
  • Add - Alphabetic group filter to group lists.
  • Add - Group display options to group list displays where applicable.
  • Add - Forum description option when creating/editing groups.
  • Add - Error when trying to delete a group forum from XF admin node list.
  • Add - Banner width and height options (group banners only, not...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Code:
Server Error

imagedestroy(): 11 is not a valid Image resource

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
imagedestroy() in Snog/SocialGroups/ControllerPublic/Index.php at line 3504
resize_image() in Snog/SocialGroups/ControllerPublic/Index.php at line 2214
Snog_SocialGroups_ControllerPublic_Index->actionBannerSave() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/nginx/domains/removeddomain/public/index.php at line 13

The above was when I uploaded a picture, the extension was right but I tried another and it uploaded but never changed the image to the new banner, any ideas?

Last edited:
Okay, seems to be working now, not sure why the other image did not work but a third try and it changed fine.

Well, I have it set to 250 x 80, a logo I tried did not resize, guess its not scalable or whatever? But also it will not save the image sometimes until I upload a different file named ones.

I also resized the image attached here to 250w x 80h and it gave the initial error I posted above also.

Another thing, if you adjust the height up (had it on 200) it adds a HUGE gap between other group banners too so moved it back to 80px height.

Code:
Server Error

imagedestroy(): 11 is not a valid Image resource

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
imagedestroy() in Snog/SocialGroups/ControllerPublic/Index.php at line 3504
resize_image() in Snog/SocialGroups/ControllerPublic/Index.php at line 2214
Snog_SocialGroups_ControllerPublic_Index->actionBannerSave() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/nginx/domains/domanename/public/index.php at line 13

Attachments

• c57559.webp
    c57559.webp
    7.6 KB · Views: 2
  • logo.webp
    logo.webp
    11.8 KB · Views: 2
@Zynephix

Please re-download the add-on and upload the files to your server (no need to import XML again).

I missed suppressing errors from the imagedestroy function and I'm not going to increment the version for the two '@' characters that were needed. ;)

Well, I have it set to 250 x 80, a logo I tried did not resize, guess its not scalable or whatever? But also it will not save the image sometimes until I upload a different file named ones.
Could you also upload one or two of the files that won't resize for you?

Back
Top Bottom