Social Groups for XenForo 1.x [Deleted]

I would love if there was a live demo of this, but since there isnt, are there anyone outthere with a forum running with this addon I could see?

There is a demo on snogs site..

Well:

Your IP address has been banned.
If your IP address is being returned as 127.0.0.1, that address should never appear on the internet. It is a reserved address.

I have never visited that site before... any other place ._.?

Well:

Your IP address has been banned.
If your IP address is being returned as 127.0.0.1, that address should never appear on the internet. It is a reserved address.

I have never visited that site before... any other place ._.?
If that's the IP address that my system is returning, you need to have that corrected. That IP range is reserved for local computers/servers. Most likely you've got some sort of address spoofing going on or you're coming to my site via a proxy.

And are there any "Events" / "Calendar" for groups?
Sorry, no there isn't.

If that's the IP address that my system is returning, you need to have that corrected. That IP range is reserved for local computers/servers. Most likely you've got some sort of address spoofing going on or you're coming to my site via a proxy.

Sorry, no there isn't.

You as a creator, why should I buy this one over Nobitas? Not to sound rude, but like try sell me your product:P What can this do besides having a group with threads in xD

You as a creator, why should I buy this one over Nobitas? Not to sound rude, but like try sell me your product:p What can this do besides having a group with threads in xD
I am not a salesman, and I don't justify why someone should buy my product over someone else's. It is entirely up to you which you prefer.

Please consider an importer from Waindigo, so that I can use your product. I already have your donation manager.

Please, let's not start discussing other developers or add-ons in this thread.

Nelson, in order for me to properly write and test an importer I would need a complete site backup (which would be installed on my development server) from someone that is running Waindigo's group system. Writing an importer without actual data is next to impossible to test properly. The complete backup is needed so the site used to develop the importer can run without errors in it's own to compare what is on the backup site with what is imported.

Last edited:
Please, let's not start discussing other developers or add-ons in this thread.

Nelson, in order for me to properly write and test an importer I would need a complete site backup (which would be installed on my development server) from someone that is running Waindigo's group system. Writing an importer without actual data is next to impossible to test properly. The complete backup is needed so the site used to develop the importer can run without errors in it's own to compare what is on the backup site with what is imported.

Thanks, Snog. Too late now- another addon ate the posts. (And that is all I will say.)

I am going to buy yours now. We already use your donation plugin.

Question- we just moved a site from vbulletin to xenforo, tried the waindigo goups add on but it would not move the users over to the joinable group- we have 78 groups, 53 of those need to be user joinable. About 200k users and many of those groups have several thousand users so manually moving them to the joinable groups is not feasible. I see that you have a vbulletin importer, if we uninstall the waindigo add on do you think it's still possible to run your importer to get our users copied to the appropriate groups? We're using group forums- won't really need group discussions or libraries (at least for now)

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Question- we just moved a site from vbulletin to xenforo, tried the waindigo goups add on but it would not move the users over to the joinable group- we have 78 groups, 53 of those need to be user joinable. About 200k users and many of those groups have several thousand users so manually moving them to the joinable groups is not feasible. I see that you have a vbulletin importer, if we uninstall the waindigo add on do you think it's still possible to run your importer to get our users copied to the appropriate groups? We're using group forums- won't really need group discussions or libraries (at least for now)

Thanks for any help you can provide!
The importer imports everything from vBulletin, including members into their appropriate groups. When you switched to XenForo, users MUST have been imported into XenForo retaining their original user IDs

The only possible hang up I see might be the fact that you're already using forums for your groups. You would have to create a new group forum for each group (AFTER import from 'Owner Tools') and move all posts from the existing forums into the new forums. And to be perfectly honest, I don't think I've ever done that to see if there might be any problems. Perhaps someone that is using the group system has done it and can chime in with some info.

Last edited:
When I click "Groups" on the NavBar, I get this members page and you have to click on the banner to get into the groups.

How can I change this to allow the groups to show right off?

upload_2016-1-23_10-24-9.webp

When I click "Groups" on the NavBar, I get this members page and you have to click on the banner to get into the groups.

How can I change this to allow the groups to show right off?
Uncheck 'Use Category List' in the add-on options.

Hi

I am having an issue with the social plugin which I do not believe is at all the "fault" of the social plugin - my webmaster left and the site blew up and I have got the site back for the most part but there is a server error when 1/4 of my members try to get to the site (they arrive at the forum but it just says "a server error has occurred, please try again later) The site is working A-okay for other members.

I have uploaded an image of my server error log from my ACP

I need to take this plugin off completely - but I can't uninstall it in the normal way because chunks are missing. Please would you be able to advise/help with next steps? Fab plugin by the way and not at all the plugin's fault - something my ex webmaster did!

Attachments

• Sever Errors.webp
    Sever Errors.webp
    62.1 KB · Views: 3
Top Bottom