Social Connect (for Facebook and Twitter) [Deleted]

This addon have a conflit issue with XenTag. When I enable this addon, my Tag box (in new thread) was lost.
Please help me fix this.
Thank you.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-01-29 at 2.21.54 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2013-01-29 at 2.21.54 PM.webp
    19.4 KB · Views: 10
  • Screen Shot 2013-01-29 at 2.15.27 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2013-01-29 at 2.15.27 PM.webp
    18 KB · Views: 10
Why does it use the 'custom title' as shown in red, it doesn't make sense - It should say 'lasting impressions is a member at.....' or is there a way to customise what is said?

Screen Shot 2013-01-31 at 13.59.25.webp

That's the meta description for the profile page where the profile post link goes to.

I need to override that with something else customisable by the admin, I think.

Thanks for pointing that out.

I update my request list:
For more social I request post to Facebook/Twitter when a user:
  1. do a User Upgrade
  2. Post like (is it impossible?)
  3. Follow a member
  4. Watch a thread
  5. Update an avatar
And option to exclude some private forums.

I have a question:
Why don't this addon use an existing Facebook App ID of XenForo FB Connect?

You can use the same App ID. Just copy and paste it from the Facebook Integration options.

Some people may prefer to have different IDs.

I used to enforce the same ID being used but people complained.

Some people might not want Facebook login/sign up enabled, but do want Social Connect etc. :)

if you enable social connect "post when you create a thread"
it will post to your fb wall, but it dont include the image posted in the xf post.
therefore the post in fb wall is just pure txt..

i suggest to have the image posted included in the fb wall post to make it more
"interesting" to fb readers...

Not sure if this bug has been mentioned yet...

I'm using the latest version of this, 2.2b - when you hit Enter in the comment reply box of a profile post, it takes you to a error page.

I have disabled this add-on, until the next release.

Not sure if this bug has been mentioned yet...

I'm using the latest version of this, 2.2b - when you hit Enter in the comment reply box of a profile post, it takes you to a error page.

I have disabled this add-on, until the next release.
I need to know the error, please.

I have a feature request.

Right now this only post if the user associates their account. Which is a good start.

But I'd like to see this also have the options to automatically post all new threads on the site's Official Facebook Page and Twitter account.

So the end result would be if I posted a thread, it would automatically post on the site's page, and if I had my account associated it would also post on my person facebook / twitter (as it currently does).

Hi Chris, I am not able to post the update to my twitter account although I have linked it. What am I missing?
Further the users on our forum are complaining that they cannot submit any status updates at all when the social connect add-on is enabled and they get the message "Please enter a message with no more than 140 characters" although the message length is well within the limit. Any ideas what could be going wrong? Out forum uses Urdu language and uses utf-8 character encoding.

hmm, maybe it's the language then. I will check that out.

The not sending to Twitter is probably because you haven't set the application permissions to read/write.

Top Bottom