So who's going to migrate their LIVE site to 1.2

We've been running 1.2 for the past few days now with mostly no issues.

I do have an issue with my skin(Drift dark) by @Audentio that i am hoping will soon be updated(ticket has gone unaswered...*shrug*). However, I'm looking for a new skin and hoping @Russ can help me with that tweak for Fusion skin.

And I do feel slightly handicapped without @xfrocks awesome tagging add-on since I actually need the group tagging functionality.

But other than that, I'm happy with 1.2. Easy enough upgrade..... ^_^

Whats the best way to go about things with respect to add-ons and upgrading??? Upgrade as is (after making a backup) and see what works and what doesnt??

I do have an issue with my skin(Drift dark) by @Audentio that i am hoping will soon be updated(ticket has gone unaswered...*shrug*).

Hey let me know which ticket is yours, I thought I got to them all, every once and a while one sneaks by, we get dozens a week.

And yeh, we'll be updating Drift/Class/Quark for sure, not positive about our other products. We have new skins coming.

Whats the best way to go about things with respect to add-ons and upgrading??? Upgrade as is (after making a backup) and see what works and what doesnt??
Nope.. the recommended way (which is really just the opposite) if you are using the BETA. Remove any that you KNOW are not compatible (unless they have additional DB info that they add - then disable them and hope they get upgraded soon), then manually disable all add-ons, disable them in config.php.

I had about 20 or so add-ons...I disabled them all((I didn't completely uninstall them, that's uneccessary...just simply uncheck them to disable them)

I did then upgrade(which went smoothly) and then one by one I re-abled them

All in All--- It took about 20 mins for me to figure out what didn't work. Pretty easy :p

@Audentio- The ticket ID is 764 :) I made a reply on July 12, 2013

As Tracy Perry says, disable or remove conflicting add-ons first.

I only have a couple of third party add-ons.

I uninstalled Tag Me due to tagging now being built in.
I uninstalled Minorin and disabled the BB code buttons on chat.
Custom BBCode Manager works fine in 1.2 (apart from a minor issue I have already reported).
TaigaChat works fine.
Xen Media Gallery works fine.
XFES works fine.
Add poll to Existing Threads works fine.
All of my custom add-ons (OTDB, FF1, etc.) work fine.

I also installed Newest Members Block.

Only add-on I've not re-enabled it Moods. I've fixed the templates on my test site, but I'm not happy how it looks in responsive, and haven't had change to try sorting that bit out yet.

Only add-on I've not re-enabled it Moods. I've fixed the templates on my test site, but I'm not happy how it looks in responsive, and haven't had change to try sorting that bit out yet.

Will you be re-enabling moods on your site Matt? Just curious why you haven't enabled the add-on since the only issues I encountered were displays in profile and membercard which I had disabled anyway. I've also hidden them on the narrowest responsive setting.

Will you be re-enabling moods on your site Matt? Just curious why you haven't enabled the add-on since the only issues I encountered were displays in profile and membercard which I had disabled anyway. I've also hidden them on the narrowest responsive setting.
Yeah, I'll be adding it back in. I migrated on Sunday, and I've been at work yesterday and today, so I should be doing "proper" work and not messing with my site. Our members really like that add-on

Yeah, I'll be adding it back in. I migrated on Sunday, and I've been at work yesterday and today, so I should be doing "proper" work and not messing with my site. Our members really like that add-on

Ah I see. I thought you may have encountered an issue I missed which was the reason why you hadn't enabled it. Thankfully that is not the case. :)

Upgraded XenAdmins a couple of days ago. No issues to report, everything went as expected, now finishing up the style to be responsive.

Damn! I never even knew it had style properties! (goes and re-enables and sets a quick EXTRA.css tweak)

Top Bottom