So who's going to migrate their LIVE site to 1.2

I've re-enabled it now after removing two of the locations. The fix is to wrap the mood section in <dl></dl> tags, but I've just disabled it for the time being.
View attachment 51434

yeah I never bothered trying to fix the two issues since don't have them on view where the two issues are located. I think i got lucky with this one. :D

Why do you think i've been waiting :)

Doing the upgrade in 40 minutes time on my live site :eek:
P8ntballer Paintball Forums - Europes Largest Paintball Forum
The board is currently being upgraded. Please check back later.

It's started!!!!

Is the Post table changed when upgrading to XF 1.2 (and do I need to reindex everything after the upgrade?) - just thinking about CycleChat @ 2.5M posts - presumably I'm going to need to plan for some downtime?
You may want to check out the openark toolkit which lets you make schema changes without locking tables.

In fact, I'm adding the 3 columns to our post table with it as we speak.

http://openarkkit.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/openarkkit/doc/html/oak-online-alter-table.html

BTW - @Mike showed it to me, so have to give him credit. :)

Last edited:
P8ntballer Paintball Forums - Europes Largest Paintball Forum
The board is currently being upgraded. Please check back later.

It's started!!!!

And its finished.

www.p8ntballer-forums.com

Total downtime = 11 minutes.
5 of which was doing a database dump, 6 doing the actual upgrade.

Went something like so...

1. Turn off board
  2. Dump database
  3. Upload Files
  4. Run CLI upgrade
  5. Import fixed style from testing site (no template merging etc, already all done)
  6. Disable un-needed addons
  7. Set usergroup tag limits
  8. Set usergroup banners
  9. Set logging options
  10. Open board
  11. Inform members :)

Upgrade done on my new site. Took 5 minutes for file upload, and 1 minute for the upgrade process. :D

Upgrading my first forum (and the one with the most add-ons and modifications done to it) now. I just wish it would be a 10-15 minute deal (already been working on it for about 30 minutes - taking the TMS edits and putting them in a text file, removing add-ons known not to be compatible/needed, etc. About 1/2 done with that and then will have to put the new template edits in and make sure everything is displaying OK, style the editor and a few other things.

I upgraded my live site. I noticed it turned off whatever notices I had running, didn't notice that previously. Just a suggestion for the "online users" sidebar, I think having "robots" isn't good. I know it's good from an admin view, but non-geeks (aka regular members) might not know what that is. I think it should be left as just "guests", or maybe only show it to admins.

I upgraded my forum a couple of days ago to 1.2b5. It's been working perfectly.

The responsive feature has been extremely well received. I have seen a dramatic increase in members using and posting on my forum since upgrading to 1.2x.

Last edited:
And now I've completed the upgrade and the edits. Found a few "what I thought was necessary add-ons" that were not compatible (XenAtendo Events the most important one), but other than that it's good to go.

WTF.com has been upgraded, but I still have a crapton of tweaks to do (including responsive)...

As always, the upgrade process itself was smooth thanks to the XF team!

Congrats on the upgrade @Alien I know you worked hard and long in getting this compliant 1.2 ready so Exceptional work. :) :thumbsup:

I dunno why they don't just term all versions "stable" because each version is solid and water tight. Look forward to the next version of stable. :D

Top Bottom