So who's going to migrate their LIVE site to 1.2

Depends.

Searching a thread that contains one or more posts from hundreds of different developers is completely illogical.

I have 65 add-ons in the Resource Manager. Should I make 65 posts in this central thread? How does someone find out if add-on X is compatible? Read all my 65 posts in different pages of the thread?

Depends.

Searching a thread that contains one or more posts from hundreds of different developers is completely illogical.

It merely has to be a list of fully compatible, partly compatible (with reasons) or incompatible. It doesn't have to consist of paragraphs upon paragraphs.

Not suggesting it does. But finding the information about specific add-on is still not easy with a single central threads containing even a single word status for each add-on isn't great.

Going to the add-on where all information for that add-on is located rather than polluted into one super thread where it would become erratic.

It merely has to be a list of fully compatible, partly compatible (with reasons) or incompatible. It doesn't have to consist of paragraphs upon paragraphs.

and who is going to maintain it? Like a lot of threads on here, it would probably end up with loads of irrelevant information in it, and cause the mods a major headache trying to keep it on-topic.

Who is going to maintain the list? What happens when the addon gets updated to work but the thread is not updated?

I have about ~15 add-ons (majority used for both sites).

I'll be waiting for the email update in each thread telling me that they are now compatible, instead of even searching for anything.

Well, normally you get the update when a resource is updated, but maybe add-on developers would be proactive.

Hmmm... one source versus dozens or hundreds. People here prefer to go to lots of places rather than one. How about going to 30 supermarkets for your groceries, one at each store?

Which is more logical: Searching one place, or 30?

I think it's unfair to expect the XF team to be responsible for other people's add-ons.

Perhaps add-on developers could be encouraged to update their resource title to include [1.2] or something to indicate it has been updated and works with 1.2?

That way we could all search for the term to get a list of ones that work with 1.2 ... come to think of it - do title prefixes work with resources? ;)

Maybe @Brogan could add a prefix for 1.2 and add-on developers could 'tag' their resources as update that way?

Just a thought. (y)

No because it's still a pre-release beta and things may change, so I don't want to give out inaccurate information.

The reason for my post was just to reinforce my earlier post in the thread that upgrading straight away is strongly discouraged.

Top Bottom