So who's going to migrate their LIVE site to 1.2

I think it's a very pertinent point, however, that although we will be early adopters ourselves and we will be working as quickly as possible to get fixes out, no one really has a right to complain or be impatient if add-ons do not work with 1.2 beta.

You (everyone) can start complaining and being impatient the moment 1.2 stable is released. Not a moment before :)

wait.. so you won't have all new bugs fixed within an hour of release? L2Be more like Mike, mister! :D

Ugh i wanna upgrade now!! But i will go the safe route and wait a few and hope most addons get updated by that time.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'm actually going to wait because when I'm using Firefox Beta, the editor is not doing stuff I thought it would do or when it does do it, it does it randomly.

I am upgrading a couple weeks after release. I am sure maybe of the plugins that I use will have an upgrade to make them compatible with 1.2.

I'm actually going to wait because when I'm using Firefox Beta, the editor is not doing stuff I thought it would do or when it does do it, it does it randomly.

Using Firefox Beta myself as I type this... No issues here.

I tried copying and pasting the pic above into this post. It wouldn't let me.

mystery-jpg.47817

@DRE it let me.​

I think it's a very pertinent point, however, that although we will be early adopters ourselves and we will be working as quickly as possible to get fixes out, no one really has a right to complain or be impatient if add-ons do not work with 1.2 beta.

You (everyone) can start complaining and being impatient the moment 1.2 stable is released. Not a moment before :)

This is basically how I see it. :)

If and when something breaks, I'm not going to be crying up a storm & neither should anyone else..

I understand (just as others should) that somethings may not function at all in 1.2 and those things will be disabled. My members aren't "dependent" on any of the tweaks or add-ons that we use. And they're generally good mannered with the idea of testing new software.

I did this same behavior with beta's of phpBB, SMF, vBulletin, and IPB in the past.

Some of my members actually got excited that they were the first to try something & appreciated the opportunity to provide feedback & bug hunt. So overall, they get something out of it, I got something out of it, and the developments we were involved in got something out of it.

But by no means do I expect things to be perfect nor do I think I have the right to cry about it if things go wrong.

Although I don't expect every single add-on or modification to fail. Some may function just fine, while others may not. I may make a small comment or two to inform the developer, but not to complain or demand anything.

Last edited:
When I drag it into a box and hit Post Reply it says enter a valid message. Basically it won't let me post. But if I click the gear icon on the top right, it will show them image embed code and then I can post it.

When I drag it into a box and hit Post Reply it says enter a valid message. Basically it won't let me post. But if I click the gear icon on the top right, it will show them image embed code and then I can post it.
Can't say that I can confirm that issue. Sorry.

Capture.webp

It's not advised to use a beta software in a production site, but isn't this a production site? And it's not even a beta yet.:coffee:

It's not advised to use a beta software in a production site, but isn't this a production site? And it's not even a beta yet.:coffee:

XenForo doesn't suggest it, but bites the dust and does it to beta test before beta test. Basically, they want to prove they trust their software enough to use it before they release gold.

XenForo doesn't suggest it, but bites the dust and does it to beta test before beta test. Basically, they want to prove they trust their software enough to use it before they release gold.

Something other competitors can't do well.

Of course some of those competitors stable releases could easily be argued as beta software too.... so....

Top Bottom