So.... what is the word on the new signature restrictions/rules?

The worst ones I've seen on here are a couple of images which were about 800px or more tall and one with an embedded YouTube video.

Only 22 more hours to go...

Champagne is on ice :D

LOL at the video in sig...

So will images be fully iced, moving fully to text only or will small images still be lowed?

Well images won't be permitted so you won't be able to link to any external images, smilies or otherwise.

Smilies from xF, or any created?

I imagine external smilies will be hyperlinked into posts via an IMG tag, and I imagine XF will distinguish between internal smilies (replaced strings) and the BB Code version.

So, I'd imagine just XF ones.

Anytime something happens on XF even in the past, there's usually a group with pitchforks out, wasn't directing at the same people over and over. Sorry if it came out differently

This is the internet. There always a group with pitchforks out there somewhere to disagree and tell you how wrong you are. They keep those pitchforks going 24/7.

Personally I find most signatures a distraction, but so relatively few people use them on my own forums it hasn't mattered much. My biggest issue is posts running on into a signature in the same style. I've often thought of going into the templates to add a line to separate them. 1.2 addresses that. :)

Top Bottom