So.... what is the word on the new signature restrictions/rules?

@Brogan @Sheldon @James -- thanks!

Turns out there was a border there but so faint I had never noticed it. It's now 3 px instead of 1px. :)

It looks like it's still 1px but does look more prominent perhaps due to the border colour change.

Code:
.message .signature {
border-top: 1px dashed #A5CAE4;

I wonder if we'll notice the speed increase tomorrow with off site linking of images now restricted.

It looks like it's still 1px but does look more prominent perhaps due to the border colour change.

Code:
.message .signature {
border-top: 1px dashed #A5CAE4;

I wonder if we'll notice the speed increase tomorrow with off site linking of images now restricted.

XenForo itself will scarely notice the difference. Off-site images are fetched by your own browser after the HTML is received from XenForo. All XenForo saves is a few bytes of text for the image URLs. Your browser & its configuration are what will determine the speed.

Page loads might appear to be somewhat soother since there will be fewer refreshes as images are received, but given the number of images outside signatures, I doubt it will matter much -- most signature images, once viewed, are going to be re-served from your local cache.

You know, with the amount of people bashing big signatures, its a good job you're not on the Spotify Community...

Also 9 hours 30 minutes :P

I've had a no signature policy on my site for years and believe they should be done away with completely on forums. They are nothing but noise that distracts from reading what's important - the content of the post! My users are perfectly happy with this choice, signatures are not missed one bit.

Clean is king :)

I use them to trade-off against the content people bring to my site - a quid-pro-quo.

We do have a fairly tight policy though, and the only images allowed are the mileage tickers which show people's logged cycle journeys. (y)

I have no signature but as a user I would like to have my signature saved from being deleted.
It would be great if a PC was sent automatically to each user with his signature copied before new ruless apply.
This function would be very helpful for admins who wish to enforce new signature rules on their forums, as it is in this case

If I'm going to nuke signatures due to abuse of the feature, I surely do not want to take up system resources to make a copy for everyone and send it to them.

If you want your signature saved, go save it. It shouldn't be up to the site administrator to perform a user function.

If I'm going to nuke signatures due to abuse of the feature, I surely do not want to take up system resources to make a copy for everyone and send it to them.

If you want your signature saved, go save it. It shouldn't be up to the site administrator to perform a user function.

Curmudgeon... @Mike should change your user title to that :D.. just to give members fair warning!

But yeah, it's not difficult to take a copy of your signature when you've had 41 hours notice :whistle:

@Biker
All signatures will be removed this Friday ....

this means that this admin action targets ALL users, not only abusers.
you can not punish all and delete their sigs just because 5% abuse this function.

Top Bottom