So.... what is the word on the new signature restrictions/rules?

If you could just do as the notice says and make a backup and modify if need be once details are given.

But then I will be without a signature for some time, which doesn't look right.

Yes, it matters. For reasons only I would understand.

I take great offence in my posts not looking right because I don't have a signature :mad: I think they're beautiful.

I'm sure the creator of the notice (Mike?) understands that we are currently in BST. As such, 5pm GMT is 6pm BST.

XenForo is distributed in more countries than the UK, and GMT is a time zone that they all can refer to.

Does anybody really care if signatures are even allowed at all on a support site for a software application? It is odd that people are so concerned about signatures considering that they are not viewable by guests and the only people seeing them are other customers of the same software. :coffee:

Does anybody really care if signatures are even allowed at all on a support site for a software application? It is odd that people are so concerned about signatures considering that they are not viewable by guests and the only people seeing them are other customers of the same software. :coffee:

Well, I do agree, but.. the flip side of the coin is I have found both premium mods and 3rd party services I didn't know existed though signatures in the past.

Also by deleting all sigs, I'm assuming for our own boards.. The restrictions only applies to new sigs, so when you add the restrictions current sigs are grandfathered until they attempt to modify their sig again?

For your own site you will need to truncate the table.

The sig' perms only apply on creation/edit, not to existing sig's.

Well, I do agree, but.. the flip side of the coin is I have found both premium mods and 3rd party services I didn't know existed though signatures in the past.
Then something is wrong if you had to rely upon finding something through a sig' instead of the XF RM, the Third-Party Service Offers forum, or even the Forum Showcase & Critques forum.

The XF staff have given us plenty of methods of advertising (which is what it really comes down to) if we so choose to instead of having to rely upon sigs that are several times larger then what a person is posting.

Cant believe how pissy people are getting over this. Its a privilege not a right. Deal with it. XF doesn't exist for you to advertise your service on every post you make people.

Then something is wrong if you had to rely upon finding something through a sig' instead of the XF RM, the Third-Party Service Offers forum, or even the Forum Showcase & Critques forum.

The XF staff have given us plenty of methods of advertising (which is what it really comes down to) if we so choose to instead of having to rely upon sigs that are several times larger then what a person is posting.

To be fair Kevin the XF market isn't quite as large as competitors so any extra exposure has surely helped me I feel. I don't mind signatures being restricted, I think people all of a sudden complaining about them is rather silly.

Top Bottom