So, uh, who are these "loyal" customers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome.. My got extended tooo..
Lic.webp
Lic2.webp

Awesome...
Now waiting for ... to purchase more..:)
License Discount

From 0:00 GMT on Monday, March 4th, ending at 0:00 on March 11th, XenForo licenses will be on sale for the discounted price of $110, instead of the usual $140 price.

I am addicted to Mustangs and Xenforo.........................:)

I wasn't even aware that a lawsuit was going on when I purchased XenForo. But when I found out about it a month in I didn't really mind because this software well deserves the money so I'm always happy to pay for an extended license. :)

But anyway, mine got extended...

image.webp

not sure I understand these licence extensions... :confused:

I purchased my 20 licenses on "Day 1" when XF was released.
I also do have 3 "Branding Free" licences.
I never purchased an upgrade.

Total cost about USD 3500

Are my licenses also getting extended ? I did not check the dates/days..... :sleep:
If you were able to download 1.1.3, your license(s) should have been extended.

not sure I understand these licence extensions... :confused:

I purchased my 20 licenses on "Day 1" when XF was released. http://xenforo.com/community/threads/beta-release-date-and-pricing.3876/
I also do have 3 "Branding Free" licences.
I never purchased an upgrade.

Total cost about USD 2750

Are my licenses also getting extended ? I did not check the dates/days..... :sleep:

The extension has been applied to eligible licenses. If yours haven't been extended, they wern't eligible unfortunately...

Looks like 1 out of my 5 is are extended. I really can't tell though.
Nice gesture though.
I'm still going to wait to renew and to even consider whether it's worth it restart my closed forums.

If purchased on Day 1, your license support would have lapsed before the cut off date unless you renewed it.

I think the point of this is that it rewards people who renewed support when developement was stopped and the future was unclear.

That much was clear when the announcement was posted, but either way i realy dont care. I renew again when development is well underway and when the features i need are implemented that way i save good money.

My license has been extended :) - I really appreciate the way customers are treated here!

Yes, there might have been some mistakes (although I am not sure) - but the pressure on all of them over the last 2 years must have been terrible, so all I have to say is: Thank you for this great piece of software - and a very warm welcome back!

The extensions haven't been applied yet. I'm currently many miles from home and about to catch a flight. I hope to be too do the extensions by Saturday at the absolute latest.

But don't expect to see me too active for the next week.

Glad to see you back Mike. We knew Kier was still around but we weren't sure if you were coming back. XF wouldnt be XF without Mike AND Kier.

Welcome back to both of you!!

Some of the posts in this thread remind me of an inside joke we used to have at a (every) web hosting company I worked for. Any time we added something to the service or gave the customers something, many of them would complain.

Someone (me) said, "Jesus, if you gave these people a gold bar they would complain that it wasn't gold coins... 'What am I supposed to do with a GOLD BAR?! I can't spend this! You guys suck!'"

So we would always laugh at those complaints and say, "Another gold bar complaint."

Some of the posts in this thread remind me of an inside joke we used to have at a (every) web hosting company I worked for. Any time we added something to the service or gave the customers something, many of them would complain.

Someone (me) said, "Jesus, if you gave these people a gold bar they would complain that it wasn't gold coins... 'What am I supposed to do with a GOLD BAR?! I can't spend this! You guys suck!'"

So we would always laugh at those complaints and say, "Another gold bar complaint."
Well, my board is a Christian forum, so I really don't need someone trying to lecture me on what Jesus said that he didn't actually say or ever imply. In fact, Jesus told everyone to keep their promises.

Here are some facts on why my position is what it is:
  • Before retiring, I owned and operated a service business for 20 years. Not performing service meant my customers went away. A good number of people have left XF as you can find on the vB, IPB and Burning Board sites. I stayed here giving it a chance to end this lawsuit.
  • I bought my license in April of 2011. Good software with a lot of promise, but a long way to go. The promises of fast bug fixes, software improvement to new versions and solid customer communications played a big role. Three bug fixes, no new version and silence on the legal issues are not keeping that promise. So, yes, I am ticked off I didn't get the extension to make up for the promises.
  • There was no 'Gold Bar' here for me. That implies a gift. I was just wanting what I paid $140.00 for. I left vB for here.
  • Do I understand the lawsuit and tensions? You better believe it! I am now in a very high profile position and known across my State (don't ask, I will not tell what my office is). I put up with nonsense lawsuits and legal actions for three, not two, years. Won every one and spent more than my income on doing so. Could have walked away and it would have all ended. But I didn't. I kept doing my job and people want me to keep doing my job.
So, don't even think to lecture or insult me.

I am still here, at least for now. If I leave it will be to Burning Board 4. But I sincerely hope I will be with XF for a very long time.

It is all up to XF now how the future goes. I hope they can recover and move forward. But I do know all about confidential and with prejudice settlements. We will see.

I bought my license in April of 2011. Good software with a lot of promise, but a long way to go. The promises of fast bug fixes, software improvement to new versions and solid customer communications played a big role. Three bug fixes, no new version and silence on the legal issues are not keeping that promise. So, yes, I am ticked off I didn't get the extension to make up for the promises.
The extension was for those that continued to support XF. As you didn't extend your licenses when they ran out, how are you supporting the company? You stopped paying for the license extensions and then howl in outrage because those that DID support XF through thick and thin got something that you didn't get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom