So, uh, who are these "loyal" customers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see what they did there - The June 19th 2012 date is when 1.1.3 came out - the last known development. So basically what they are saying there is that since nothing happened since then, it wouldn't make sense to be paying a renewal fee after that date as you werent getting anything in the way of updates as part of your fee, so they are extending it by 255 days, meaning you get 1 more free update.

A very nice touch from the XF team there :)

Like everyone else, I'm just elated at the news today. As someone who's been around since July 2010 when the site opened, it's just an incredible day not only personally for the team members and the customers, but just for the overall morale of the community at large.

The license renewal offer is an incredible gesture by the team, indeed. Whether you qualify for it or not, let's all be thankful that better days are ahead.

I wonder what Brogan is thinking about today. He gave many hours to this community and helping people. It would be nice to see him stop by. Hopefully other folks that have left will return in time as well.

Mar 15, 2013 for me...

But meh, I'm happy the case is closed. Even though the extension is nice seeing as I am pennyless atm :p.

I wonder what Brogan is thinking about today. He gave many hours to this community and helping people. It would be nice to see him stop by. Hopefully other folks that have left will return in time as well.
Brogan dug himself too far down in anger to return.

If I read this correctly - for those of you without a current license, all you need to do is renew your license now and you'll receive the extra 255 days extension. Seems like a good deal to me.

I had already renewed 4 of my licenses the other day, purchased ElasticSearch for one of my big boards about to be migrated to XenForo, plus two branding free licenses for my two big boards ... so I'm not really fussed about the license extension - still nice though.

{edited for clarification}
{edited again because I misread the original post - it said June 2012!}

Cool gesture indeed, but honestly, wasn't concerned. I renewed my 2 licenses last July, and will do so again now, without question.

Give it more than a few hours, as I am sure KAM are up to their collective eyeballs in the "what the hell do we do next now" process. This result from the litigation is great news in itself for me.

I have only been dabbling in the last year+, with no real fervor. I want to get back on board again, and now that this is settled, KAM appear to be there to bring Xenforo forward now. Should be an interesting ride now.

If I read this correctly - all you need to do is renew all your licenses now and you'll receive the extra 255 days extension. Seems like a good deal to me.

I had already renewed 4 of my licenses the other day, purchased ElasticSearch for one of my big boards about to be migrated to XenForo, plus two branding free licenses for my two big boards ... so I'm not really fussed about the license extension - still nice though.
If I'm not mistaken, you'll get the 255 days extension if your license had support up until June 19th 2012. I don't believe you need to renew your license at all.

I got my license in April 2012 (a time when 1.2 features were being announced), so I would assume this is to cover those types of customers.

If it is, then this is incredibly kind and much appreciated. I probably would have renewed anyway because if I had to go elsewhere it would cost me €100's more. This certainly makes things much easier and adds to the already brilliant news from earlier today.

Thanks XenForo.

If I'm not mistaken, you'll get the 255 days extension if your license had support up until June 19th 2012. I don't believe you need to renew your license at all.

Sorry, I should have been more specific - I was responding to those people complaining they wouldn't receive the free extension. I will edit my original post for clarification.

Edit: seems I misread both the original and your post ... totally missed the 2012 bit.

I renewed my first very early to give XF the cash flow. I bought a second a few weeks ago.

I could care less about the extensions or discounts - but it's a nice gesture and if anything auto-applies to my account I'll take it.

As far as the "loyal customers" that would be pretty much anyone who helped here, continued to use and develop the software, renewed or bought new licenses or sent good vibes their way.

In other words, just about everyone except mr. GTB.
;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom