So, uh, who are these "loyal" customers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
On one had I am extremely pleased the lawsuit is over. I was waiting to see how things went with WBB4 on timing versus the lawsuit ending as I really wanted to stay with XF.

On the other, my license expired 4/11/12. Not sure why there would be an expectation of paying another $40 to extend for one security update when the future was so unsure and development was obviously going into a holding pattern.

I am staying put with XF, but won't be paying for an extension until some serous development work occurs.

Just being honest here as I have no idea how long it will take to crank back up and get something done. o_O

Hopefully Kier (or someone else at the top) can elaborate more on the license extension just to clear up all this confusion.

On one had I am extremely pleased the lawsuit is over. I was waiting to see how things went with WBB4 on timing versus the lawsuit ending as I really wanted to stay with XF.

On the other, my license expired 4/11/12. Not sure why there would be an expectation of paying another $40 to extend for one security update when the future was so unsure and development was obviously going into a holding pattern.

I am staying put with XF, but won't be paying for an extension until some serous development work occurs.

Just being honest here as I have no idea how long it will take to crank back up and get something done. o_O

Mine expired June 1, 2012 so I am in the boat as you. I would like to renew but will now wait until I see what's coming. We have had no updates on what to expect for the future so is hard to plan accordingly. After waiting so long and lots of silence, we can't believe anything or plan until we see some glimpses of what's to come.

Hopefully Kier (or someone else at the top) can elaborate more on the license extension just to clear up all this confusion.
There really isn't any confusion. The June 19th date was when the last "fix" was released. They chose that date to include all who have valid licenses on that date. If before, no extension.

It strikes me as a decision made to reward those who bought or renewed when even facing an unsure future with the product.

It leaves some mixed emotion with many of us. I get it where they are coming from. I hope they get it where we are coming from.

Either way, the sooner we see progress the better after such a long time and little information.

Wait a second, I thought I have read a 2013 in this

"provided that licenses include updates through June 19th 2012"

So that means my license will be extended because it was active at that date. Phew!

There really isn't any confusion. The June 19th date was when the last "fix" was released. They chose that date to include all who have valid licenses on that date. If before, no extension.

It strikes me as a decision made to reward those who bought or renewed when even facing an unsure future with the product.

It leaves some mixed emotion with many of us. I get it where they are coming from. I hope they get it where we are coming from.

Either way, the sooner we see progress the better after such a long time and little information.
I think they could elaborate a bit more as I am sure there are customers who think they will get the extension but in reality they can't and vice versa.

I'd say it would be more accurate to say that it's to honor the updates that we should have received during our active licenses. No development was going on from that date forward. So now we're getting that time back. People who didn't have active licenses then wouldn't have received updates, anyway, so no point in extending their license.

I see what they did there - The June 19th 2012 date is when 1.1.3 came out - the last known development. So basically what they are saying there is that since nothing happened since then, it wouldn't make sense to be paying a renewal fee after that date as you werent getting anything in the way of updates as part of your fee, so they are extending it by 255 days, meaning you get 1 more free update.

A very nice touch from the XF team there :)

This

Mike, My license expires in May, just missing the "June 19th" deadline, would mine be included? I'd like to point out that I was an early adapter and been behind XF since launch. :)

Great to see Mike and Kier posting ... brings a happy tear to my eye :)

And, I also have two of my four licenses that qualify for the 'renewal bonus' (y)

The extensions haven't been applied yet. I'm currently many miles from home and about to catch a flight. I hope to be too do the extensions by Saturday at the absolute latest.

But don't expect to see me too active for the next week.

Mike,
You guys have been to hell and back. I'm sure decent people would give you at least a week's grace ;)

Safe Trip
Paul

Mike, My license expires in May, just missing the "June 19th" deadline, would mine be included? I'd like to point out that I was an early adapter and been behind XF since launch. :)

A lot of "early adopters" are out there.

I have no clue which of mine get it, if any at all. Either way, I was prepared to stay at xF 1.1.3 forever, I certainly don't mind helping KAM gain some momentum financially by extending any of mine that are not included.

Re-read the post by Kier (I misread it initially!) ... it says 2012:

As a goodwill gesture for the support we have been shown, we will be extending licenses for 255days, provided that licenses include updates through June 19th 2012.

I'm not sure how they plan on calculating this. Will need some clarification I guess.

The extensions haven't been applied yet. I'm currently many miles from home and about to catch a flight. I hope to be too do the extensions by Saturday at the absolute latest.

But don't expect to see me too active for the next week.

Jesus Mike, your on a honeymoon for petes sake, i'm sure people can wait a week for you to return ;)

Re-read the post by Kier (I misread it initially!) ... it says 2012:

I'm not sure how they plan on calculating this. Will need some clarification I guess.
Ah! well definitely had an active license then so I should be good. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom