So, uh, who are these "loyal" customers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't need someone trying to lecture me on what Jesus said that he didn't actually say or ever imply.
Oh, see, I was using "Jesus" the way regular people do; as an expression of exasperation. Like, "Jesus, it's sure hot outside!"

My apologies and condolences for your confusion. God bless you, brother/sister/other. I (mjp) come in peace.

The point is any company provides service to the customer, not the customer service to the company. If you do not understand that, your problem. If you think XF was created as a Non-Profit social club, think again. it was created as a For-Profit company.

I bought after the lawsuits began because I believed in the product, the invalidity of the lawsuit and the promises made during the lawsuit.

Now, let me point something out to you. Someone buying in June or later 2011 with an expiration of after June 19, 2012 got the extension. They got it even if the did not buy an extension for the very same reasons I stated.

So, this, in reality, is a nonsense and unfounded statement by you:
The extension was for those that continued to support XF. As you didn't extend your licenses when they ran out, how are you supporting the company? You stopped paying for the license extensions and then howl in outrage because those that DID support XF through thick and thin got something that you didn't get?

Now, you tell me how someone who bought later in 2011 than I did but did not extend in 2012 supported XF one speck more than I did?

You cannot do it.

Oh, see, I was using "Jesus" the way regular people do; as an expression of exasperation. Like, "Jesus, it's sure hot outside!"

My apologies and condolences for your confusion. God bless you, brother/sister/other. I (mjp) come in peace.
:whistle: Gotta live it when someone tries to wiggle out from under a bad statement.

No confusion here and sarcasm noted.

Probably smart for us to just agree to disagree and move on before you bury yourself deeper. I am more than willing to let it go.

Now, you tell me how someone who bought later in 2011 than I did but did not extend in 2012 supported XF one speck more than I did?

You cannot do it.

You did not meet the criteria for the license extensions. You could have, but you failed to renew your licenses within the time period specified.

Do you also complain to other companies when they provide something to customers that you don't qualify for? Just wondering.

Someone (me) said, "Jesus, if you gave these people a gold bar they would complain that it wasn't gold coins... 'What am I supposed to do with a GOLD BAR?! I can't spend this! You guys suck!'"
Sorry to continue O/T but.....
We had a car raffle. People paid $25 per ticket. The cash equivalent was probably $65,000US. They winner was like, I have no time to be bothered with this. People? Pfft!
Well, my board is a Christian forum, so I really don't need someone trying to lecture me on what Jesus said that he didn't actually say or ever imply. In fact, Jesus told everyone to keep their promises.
But this isn't. It's an expression. Maybe he should have used, Holy Shyt.[/quote]

You did not meet the criteria for the license extensions. You could have, but you failed to renew your licenses within the time period specified.

Do you also complain to other companies when they provide something to customers that you don't qualify for? Just wondering.
Other companies offer something to ALL impacted customers when unique situations occur. We are not talking coupons here.

You didn't answer my question on how I supported XF less than some others due to purchase date.

I think people keep throwing out "supporting XenForo" as the reason for the license extension. To me, those who still had active licenses during the time that development was halted are the ONLY people who deserve the extension. Why? Because they are the ones who had active licenses to even receive updates during that time in the first place. If you didn't have an active license, why do you feel entitled to an extension on your license? You're not entitled to it because you wouldn't have received updates anyway during the development stoppage as you didn't have an active license. This just doesn't make sense.

I think people keep throwing out "supporting XenForo" as the reason for the license extension. To me, those who still had active licenses during the time that development was halted are the ONLY people who deserve the extension. Why? Because they are the ones who had active licenses to even receive updates during that time in the first place. If you didn't have an active license, why do you feel entitled to an extension on your license? You're not entitled to it because you wouldn't have received updates anyway during the development stoppage as you didn't have an active license. This just doesn't make sense.
No, they were quite serious in the "supporting XenForo" statements. They came across as bragging as if it makes them special with no allowance for differing views.

Your statement of active licenses is a completely different argument. While much more valid than the "support" argument, it does not nullify the argument people didn't extend because communications were disappearing and development was pretty much non existent why extend pay $40.00 for nothing? Or, if your license expires on June 20, 2012 you get the extension but on June 18 you don't?

As a businessman I look at this from the company side. I want to keep my customers, therefore I have to maintain my product development, service and support at a high level regardless of legal or other such issues.

That was not happening as evidenced by people not renewing and even leaving for other software. Other may not look at these things, but I do.

Another concern is that it appears to me Burning Board is taking full note of the XF issues. They are developing a very seemingly solid WBB4 that will include an XF converter and are already expanding their English support. To my knowledge only IPB also has such a converter.

I am not trying to sell WBB to anyone or promote it. My forum is XF and I hope to stay XF. I am saying I believe some serious business mistakes have been made and WBB is taking advantage of it. That can hurt XF a lot, so they need to make all the right moves now, not later.

Those here defending XF and how they are handling things is good and fine and easy to track. But in the business and other worlds there has to be concern over those who are simply buying elsewhere without saying a word. Those you cannot track until it is too late and the damage is done.

Sorry for the 'speech,' I do want XF to succeed. But they have to be smart about today and the tomorrows to come to succeed. This is far more complicated and far from out of the woods contrary to what some here either can see or want to see. Those loyal to vB have been pounding on XF a lot trying to defend and promote vB. I also have seen posts on other forums about how unfriendly people here are. You do not overcome bad press, distrust and reservations overnight.

That is my 2 cents. I think this is at a point for some we are just going to have to agree to disagree.

As quoted from the announcement forum:

As a goodwill gesture for the support we have been shown, we will be extending licenses for 255days, provided that licenses include updates through June 19th 2012.

Reactions: rdn
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom