So... I'm alive. Yay?

Wow. What a way to wake up. Glad to hear nobody else got hurt, and good job to the pilot for being able to avoid more casualties.
Indeed, although last I heard they weren't sure if he crashed completely out of control or if he actually managed to steer the plane away from hitting something on purpose as best as possible.

I'm grateful that he didn't hit anything as it could've been much worse. Besides the fact on this side of the airport there's a lot of houses, between my house and where the crash site is there is a university; had any of the dorms or classroom buildings been hit it could've be a lot worse.

It literally just happened about an hour ago; the cops were just getting there when I woke up. Crazy stuff. :confused: Thankfully it seems it didn't hit the house (missed by ten feet).

Didn't the crash sound wake you up? I imagine it should be a ton louder than your phone?

Didn't the crash sound wake you up? I imagine it should be a ton louder than your phone?
It happened on the other side of the university that's across the street. Toss in there's also a small wooded area, the sound gets muffled.

I also live next to an airport, so noises that associated with it are usually loud. Used to it after living here for three years, so I may have heard it in my sleep but disregarded it as being part of the airport noise perhaps?

Top Bottom