So... I quit WOW

Been a WoW addict since Warcraft. Been playing WoW since alpha. At one time i had 6 WoW accounts. Now i am down to 2. Still play, but not like i used too. Do i still enjoy it? YES! Why? Because i don't burn myself out doing dungeon after dungeon, raid after raid. With all the toons i have now i am close to gitting the 1.2 million gold. If only that was real cash. hmmmm, hmmmm. :D

I was like that with City of Heroes, played it for years. Now things like that are fun, but not something I can't walk away from when there's something else I need to do. Going Rogue expansion is coming out next month I think, might be fun see who's still around. At this point it would just be recreation, but I can totally empathize with the OP... Grats! :)

I was like that with City of Heroes, played it for years. Now things like that are fun, but not something I can't walk away from when there's something else I need to do. Going Rogue expansion is coming out next month I think, might be fun see who's still around. At this point it would just be recreation, but I can totally empathize with the OP... Grats! :)
Not next month, next WEEK, well, at least in the USA. Played CoH for a while, got tired part way through CoV. No real end game.

ST:O was fun for a bit while it lasted. Was not much to do, and I did not enjoy how the game felt. Lots of stats were never explained well in game.
WoW is a lot of fun, but you need to learn how to break your wow time down and not spend every waking moment in it.

Best time to take a break from it as the expansion is winding down.

I got into WoW when I watched the South Park episode making fun of it, left right away to the store and bought the game haha :). I think I got to level 10 and then realized it would take WAY too much time to get to the point I wanted to be haha :).

I have been reading about STO. It sounds like more of a space fighting game than a star trek game. The star trek universe doesn't lend itself well to the MMO format.

STO had it's upsides, but not enough to make me seriously interested enough to subscribe after the Beta period was over. I was more interested in Champions Online as I play PnP HERO system with the kids, so having an MMO based on that has some synergy... Awesome character figure/portrait creation system for one. After some time has passed though, I think CoH/CoV is more fun than CO, CO missed the boat so *totally* regarding teaming that terming it a multiplayer game was almost stretching the term. ;)

Top Bottom