So I made this Theme for xF...

I see some stuff is a bit malplaced though:
Capture.webp

You need to increase the height of headerProxy, to around 230ish px.

Capture2.webp

With long forum titles the rss icon gets pushed down a line, not sure how you can change that though :(

Thanks, yeah, unfortunately the header advertisement block is proving to be too problematic and has had to go. I have reduced the font size of the nodelist titles, so that should be corrected.

Thanks, yeah, unfortunately the header advertisement block is proving to be too problematic and has had to go. I have reduced the font size of the nodelist titles, so that should be corrected.

headerProxy is your friend with that issue!

Style looks great John (y)

This is a very interesting style. I too believe the forum titles should be smaller disregarding the original style. The forum category titles should be more prominent and the tab titles should be centered in the tab.

Dunno if this is by design but it might be a good idea to give the divider image some spacing. Not sure whether the code below has any adverse affects or it will interfere with the other dividers .

Code:
.message .messageMeta {
    padding: 15px 5px 30px;
}
What it will look like with the adjustment made:
divider.gif

what it current looks like squashed in by the buttons:
divider-before.webp

Another issue John.

When you like a post the divider doesn't display. Not sure whether that is by design but thought i'd post it just on the offchance you never caught that one.

edit: or rather it is hidden behind the like container. Possibly move the divider below the like container?

divider-like.webp

help-area-breadcrumbs.webp

newpost.webp
spritesticky.webp

Thanks for all the tips everyone! After spending the time it takes to code one like this, my eyes start to blur to the little things hehe. That's why I always put it in front of the eagle eyes here to help me out! :)

I just have one question: How flexible is the header? Can I still embed two images like normal xenforo installation? Can I warp the header to expand to the actual background like a marquee background image?

I will buy once I have these answers squared away. 3 skins will be bought from Mr. John himself! :)

EDIT: Just right clicked each image, and found the answer to my question for the first one. The second one still needs answering, tho.

I've been meaning to ask about that tab "-/+" or "</>" (which removes the right column), John... Can I toggle to have that turned off by default to all users?

That login navigation at the top needs a lil more love - like xenFracture. :(

The navigation in chrome is still fugly.

fugly? You mean the text in the navigation isn't aligned centered?

If I were you john I would have sliced that area up and introduced spacers in the .navTabs .publicTabs li I suspect people will get all sorts of trouble when they start adding custom tabs.

The navigation in chrome is still fugly.

Really? o_O I don't find it that way at all, personally. I do agree there is a very minor alignment issue but I certainly wouldn't call it "fugly".

I just have one question: How flexible is the header? Can I still embed two images like normal xenforo installation? Can I warp the header to expand to the actual background like a marquee background image?

I will buy once I have these answers squared away. 3 skins will be bought from Mr. John himself! :)

EDIT: Just right clicked each image, and found the answer to my question for the first one. The second one still needs answering, tho.

I've been meaning to ask about that tab "-/+" or "</>" (which removes the right column), John... Can I toggle to have that turned off by default to all users?

Yes, you can edit the header image. The design elements to the top sections are included with the skin as .psd files. The sidebar collapse feature is part of the framework and can be turned on or off by the admin.

That login navigation at the top needs a lil more love - like xenFracture.

Can you be a little more specific?

lol, I didn't even see the login text at the top there, as well as the footer text. I think a different color would be recommended for that. The sign up button has some white text above it (below the navbar), and for us with OCD (Off Center Disease), it is not perfectly aligned. My guess it shouldn't be there at all? It seems to be using h3, and my guess it is supposed to be in the sidebar? I think it might look better there.

Also, the quick nav menu needs a little love, at least IMO :) I would post screenshots, but I am at work, with XP and it is too much work using paint....

How about a small border radius as well, for the hover? Around 3px seems to look pretty slick IMO:
Code:
.xenOverlay #jumpMenu .blockLinksList a:hover {
color: #434141;
text-shadow: 0 0 0 transparent, 1px 1px 1px white;
border-radius: 3px;
}

The footer text is still very difficult to read;
footer.webp

I really have to squint to see that, and my eyes aren't that old (yet). Maybe use the same greytone as the Terms and Privacy links?

Top Bottom