1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So how big is the package thus far?

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by calorie, Aug 3, 2010.

1. calorie

calorie Active Member

Bits, bytes, kilobytes, megabytes, or lol gigabytes? How big? :p
  2. Floris

Floris Guest

With language pack included, I can't imagine it being under one megabyte.
    But it certainly won't have as many files as vBulletin, so it's not impossible to be <1m
  3. Quillz

Quillz Well-Known Member

I believe the latest IPB 3 release is around 8 MB or so. If I had to guess, I'd say that XenForo will be quite a bit smaller in size. If it doesn't have a lot of images or language packs, it could be quite small, actually.
  4. MtoR

MtoR Well-Known Member

If it's true that would be really cool :)

Browsing through all the files searching for the golden nuggets was like searching a niddle in a heystake :eek:
  5. Chris M

Chris M Active Member

The problem is you can't really take a measure of how big it is now - 3 days before the release they may cut something out or code something in a different way that affects the size of it.

Just wait and see, let it be a mystery....
  6. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

I have no idea, to be honest. There are all sorts of things that would be stripped out before packaging.
  7. Forsaken

Forsaken Well-Known Member

Its over 9000!... bytes.
    Ceri May likes this.
  8. Cezz

Cezz Well-Known Member

It is over 76000!... bits

But it is ok because there are over 67,108,864 bits in IPB
  9. Hornstar

Hornstar Well-Known Member

Forsaken was making a joke ^^ I don't think you got it, so here is a clip:
    Chris M, Umit and MtoR like this.
  10. Cezz

Cezz Well-Known Member

Your quite right it went over my head... I guess it was a joke just didn't get the reference... Ahh well :p
  11. CBI Web

CBI Web Well-Known Member

Ah, well that's a good indicator that you actually have a life, because the 9,000 joke has been around a few years now. :D

I don't have a life, obviously.
  12. Disjunto

Disjunto Well-Known Member

Congrats on not getting the "joke"... how I wish to be you :D It's one damn annoying "joke"
  13. Cezz

Cezz Well-Known Member

I have a very short memory span for things like this... Facts, code etc I remember but other things like, actors names or film/song titles or things like this I tend to forget really easily..

That does mean I am absolutely aweful at telling jokes because I can never remember the punchline, but it also means I can watch the same TVshow/film over and over and its like I am watching it new each time :)...
    RockCake likes this.
  14. Forsaken

You'd probably only get it if you had a corrupted youth of anime and pointlessness.

Oh, and 4chan, which eats your soul and your humanity.
  15. Disjunto

no, it went very viral. not sure where I heard it, but I don't care for anime or 4chan, so it was definitely not either of them
    RockCake likes this.
  16. Cezz

Cezz Well-Known Member

Well that may be part of the cause... I had a very corrupted youth but it definitely wasn't of Anime or 4Chan...
    RockCake likes this.
  17. Chris M

Chris M Active Member

Lol, over 9,000 :p Quality old-school joke :p
  18. Forsaken

Part of it going viral was due to 4chan.
  19. Disjunto

most likely, I was just saying how you don't need to be part of either community to have heard of the "joke"
  20. Cezz

Cezz Well-Known Member

Love the constant use of "Joke"... I don't fully see the funny side either, but I understand the reference.
    RockCake likes this.