So glad I made the switch to Xenforo!

actionmedia

I run a rather large/active forum that is over 15 years old. I've been running IPB since the beginning (almost). When I upgraded to IPB v3, my traffic took a major hit. I've been looking at switching to another platform for the past 3 years, however was afraid it wouldn't go smooth or things would get worse.

I finally decided to make the switch to Xenforo, and am more than happy that I did!

I can't say enough good things about this community - everyone has been very helpful. The migration was actually very easy (migrated over 1.2 million posts), and didn't even take that long. When I had questions, Chris and Brogan quickly responded to either my tickets or posts in this forum.

So far, all of my members love the new forum! I'm looking forward to getting my traffic back up to where it should be.

Thank you for creating such a great product!

No doubt different users on different sites react differently to change, but it looks like your members have embraced it positively.

Make sure you add your forum to the showcase so we can take a look! :)

actionmedia said:
I finally decided to make the switch to Xenforo, and am more than happy that I did!

Yes Xenforo is MUCH BETTER than IPB 3.x!! (Last good IPB versions were in the 2.x range (Some sites are still running it as they dislike 3.x))

Im glad your site is picking up :)

Yes Xenforo is MUCH BETTER than IPB 3.x!! (Last good IPB versions were in the 2.x range (Some sites are still running it as they dislike 3.x))
In most ways (except for the # of apps from the developers) Xenforo is much better than IPS 4.x series. Their gallery really is basic compared to XenForo's and there are user based aspects that XenForo is heads and shoulders above IPS. I know as I've just brought my recumbent bike site over from IPS to XenForo (took one of my old forums offline for now that doesn't get much traffic other than 'bots).

I've looked (and tried) most if not all of the major forum packages. This one is it. So many things I dislike about IPS...I can't behin to count. Not sure why it's mentioned in the same breath as Xenforo--probably because there's really not that much competition at the top.

After spending considerable time and money in trying to get IPS to work, it is so broken that even their forums are full of complaints. I am glad I have returned to Xenforo.

Top Bottom