Snowstorm

Snowstorm 1.0.1

No permission to download
I have a slight issue -- I completely removed the add-on, and yet it's still snowing on my forums. It's causing a bit of lag in my chatbox, so I need to remove it. Any ideas as to why it's still lingering? Can't find anything in the templates or options, it's apparently completely removed, and yet...:confused:

Edit -- Apparently the uninstall didn't work properly. The snow has been removed on a few of my styles, but a few of them still have snow, and I cannot find the template modifications nor the new created template (siropu_snowstorm_js) within the templates. Not sure how that's happened...

Edit 2 -- Problem was on the server end, not the script. Script works just fine and thanks for making it available :)

Last edited:
Thanks for implementing this.

Any chance you could add the option to define maximum snowflake size to this? The max size set now is a bit too large for my tastes. It'd be great if there was an option to set snow movement to random too. Mouse follow is pretty annoying and default makes it constantly fall into a single direction which is unrealistic. It'd be ok if it was always just falling straight down, but half of the time it starts "falling" sharply to the left or right and remains constantly blowing to the left or right.

Also, there's an issue when Flakes Bottom is set to say 10, all the snow sticks in the top 10 pixels of the Reports: bar on top of the page for admins/mods.

Edit: the Animation Interval seems to be ignored most of the time too for some reason. I'm on latest Firefox and at 50 I get slow snowing maybe once every 10 page loads, all the other times it's falling unrealistically fast. :/

Last edited:
Take a look in the Template Modifications for Snowstorm and see if the modification has been applied.

Love this as I have not upgraded to 2.x yet. But if I go to another tab and come back the snow is faster then what I have set. Any idea on how to change that. I checked your 2.x site demo and it does the same thing.

Top Bottom