• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

SMTP Authentication

Hi,

I can't wait for this to be officially released. Anyway on to the main question:

Will there an option for all forum-generated mail to be sent through an authenticated SMTP server, like how vB has it? If it's already implemented GREAT! :D If not, maybe it can be considered for the first release? :)

Although some forums may not have a need, other forums (that I have been around, mine included) would need to use an SMTP server for outbound mails for ensured delivery instead of directly spitting them out of the server's local mail system :)

Thanks,
Mo

ManagerJosh

Wow! Does this mean also we're going to stop seeing the flood of SQL Database Error messages as well? :D Or being able to automatically manage accounts with bounced emails?

Alfa1

A bounced email addy does not manage accounts with bounced emails. It only gives an address where the thousands of emails can go to. Then it need to be processed...

Hornstar

Glad the bounced email situation is acknowledged here. It is a major problem on my site. It would be a huge incentive for me to convert if XF had it developed ^^