1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 Smowtion

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by rowedf, Jan 29, 2012.

1. rowedf

rowedf Active Member

Does anyone use smowtion ads ? I put 3 ads up, pretty small, two in the breadcrumbs footer and one in the sidebar and it slowed the forums down a considerable amount. I was wondering if anyone else is having this problem?

2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Not me.

Can you post a URL to your forum so I can see the problem? I can debug the page and maybe find the cause.

3. rowedf

rowedf Active Member

Sure, www.shadowops.org is the site

But I have all the ads down for now because of the problem they were causing.

4. Jake Bunce

I need to be able to see the problem to debug it. Can you create a new style with the ads?

5. rowedf

rowedf Active Member

can I just put the ads into the default style? Im not sure what you mean by "make a new style"

6. Jake Bunce

If you make a new style for the ads then I can work with the problem without it affecting your main style.

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Styles

7. rowedf

rowedf Active Member

Ok, then I'll just put them into the default one, everyone uses the main one so that should be ok, right?

8. rowedf

rowedf Active Member

Ok, ads are up and in the "default style" of xenforo, not the one my forums use as the default.

9. Jake Bunce

Oh I misread your first post. I thought you said it messed up the layout so I was going to debug that. But I can't do much with a "slow" page. Yes, flash can be a performance hog sometimes, and those ads are flash.