Likely losing a small fortune in ad revenue, seeking expert open to revenue share

sross

Hi,

I'm getting 7-8mil page views a month and suspect I am earning next to nothing in ad revenue due to very poor implementation. I have heard of experts who can manage your ads, boost revenue and get a revenue share as payment. This seems to make sense. Does anyone know such experts with a slant on Xenforo?

I'm also curious what some think I should be earning with 7-8mil pages a month just so I can see how far off I am. I do try to keep ads somewhat low-key, and if I had popups, slide outs, and all the other invasive stuff my members might blow a gasket. But even then, my implementation is likely very poorly done. I work 2 other jobs so it has been hard to find time.

Cheers

I know someone who personally manages ad stacks with header bidding, etc. I met him through one of my clients, and then another who also uses his services - both are happy with his help. I get nothing by recommending him, so there are no ulterior motives. I'll send his information via conversation message.

Wow we both joined xenforo back in 2010! With 7-8M pageviews/month there is no way you should be earning next to nothing with ads. I just got done replying to a similar thread. I have nothing to gain here as well, but Raptive has been good for us for just about a year (much better than our "expert" guy doing header bidding himself), and you can pass them different html classes per usergroup via xenforo conditionals, which will keep your members happy if you show them fewer ads vs guests etc.

Firstly, Oh Dear!!!

Secondly, there are better ways to make money than using ads.

Thirdly, use a donate button for things such as fines and the like.

Fourth, be creative.
Fifth: make sure you read the post and reply in a way that in any way answers the current discussion point. Good lord 🤦‍♂️
If there's a better way of making money than ads please tell me why companies spend millions on them? Why is Google such a conglomerate?
Companies pile millions into adverts and they cost a forum or website administrator zero overhead to implement. Thus pure profit.

I do not want any company tracking my users.
That's why I'm using tracking free ads.

Two major problems with that though:
1. Finding an ad network that support tracking free ads is close to impossible
2. Ad revenue is drastically lower.

I am still waiting for laws that prohibit tracking but it seems the major players in that space are dragging their feet.

I am still waiting for laws that prohibit tracking but it seems the major players in that space are dragging their feet.
You could be waiting for a long time. At most, you'll probably see something that requires opt-in or the ability to easily opt-out. There's too many people making too much money for any kind of total tracking ban to stick, esp. in a place like the US that worships corporations. Now here in Canada, where sticking it to big tech (whether the actual users want that or not) seems to be the order of the day, you might get somewhere but with only 40M population, not likely to have much impact globally.

Glad I do not live in the US. Corporations rule there. I'm Dutch so we have some oversight here. Laws are in the making..but it takes too long...

Glad I do not live in the US. Corporations rule there. I'm Dutch so we have some oversight here. Laws are in the making..but it takes too long...
What do you have instead?

you can go to paypal and pick up their donate button.
You can go into paid accounts and have people pay for memberships.

I use a custom Dutch ad network. I am their only client that uses tracking free ads 🤐
No one seems to care, it's frustrating.

And I also have a donation option. Which does pretty well.

Reactions: FTL
What do you have instead?

you can go to paypal and pick up their donate button.
You can go into paid accounts and have people pay for memberships.

With all due respect, it looks like your forum has 52 posts. The OP's site and experience cannot compare to your situation. Hosting a forum with 30 million posts is quite a different experience. If you don't run ads on a forum with 7-8 million pageviews/month, you're shooting yourself in the foot.

Top Bottom