Smilies

bambua

I just upgraded our RC3 board to 1.0.0. I can see the new smilies if I browse to: styles/default/xenforo/smilies/ But in the editor it still shows the original ones. Was this supposed to upgrade automatically?

You did a ctrl-f5/hard refresh in the AdminCP smilies page as well, just to be sure it's not cached?

...and the path to the updated smilies you uploaded is matching the exact path of the old ones?

Are you talking about still seeing the old ones, or not seeing all of the new ones?

If it's the former, it's the browser cache.
If it's the latter, that's intentional - we only include some of them by default (noted in the announcement). You have to add them in the admin CP manually.

Are you talking about still seeing the old ones, or not seeing all of the new ones?

If it's the latter, that's intentional - we only include some of them by default (noted in the announcement). You have to add them in the admin CP manually.
Thanks Mike that's what I needed to know :D I just didn't realize they weren't getting put in automatically.

Can we have a list of the smilies to add them a bit easier?
Should we just go through the dir and add the new ones?
Should we name them what ever?

Maybe give us a sql insert to add them quickly.(Please)

I kind of wanted them all but I have to think of names for them all now. Since they came with the package I thought I could import a sql file and wala. Thanks for the full listing.

I just wish there were a way to say import all smilies from this directory and have it at least start with the name of them as a replacement text for them and let you edit them from there. The current system is just really clunky to manage a lot of smilies.

You can insert directly into the database using this, for example:
INSERT INTO xf_smilie VALUES ('12','Test',':test:','styles/default/xenforo/smilies/test.png');

You then just need to manually edit one of the smilies to update the cache.
Yeah I guess I could just write a quick php script to do it, I just think it should be part of the ACP in some way. Not all admin are as comfortable in php and scripting.

Thanks Brogan

Top Bottom