XF 2.1 Smilies performance

Given this is a local install running in an essentially development environment rather than on a proper server which is tuned in various ways, I wouldn't worry too much at this point.

Personally, I can't produce what you're demonstrating here even in a development environment, and certainly can't in a production environment so overall I don't think there's anything too concerning here.

If it's something you wanted to try and address (either locally or if the issues persist later) you'd need to be looking at server configuration mostly in the first instance. PHP 7.x can certainly help with performance, there are various bits of tuning you can do with MySQL and of course making sure there's plenty of RAM available, and your files and DB being accessible from an SSD would all have a decent impact on performance.

Worth mentioning that I expect you're running in development mode. This requires a change to how CSS is cached, such that we actually recompile from LESS in most cases. There are some attempts to use the cached version when possible, though this isn't always possible.

That's where the slowness is coming from. If you're not developing add-ons, you likely don't want to be in development mode.

Top Bottom