Lack of interest Smilies on Status Updates and in Profile Posts

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I think part of it is because it would look weird when you view a Membership Card (look at mine with my latest post, then imagine putting a smilie there).

I am wondering if it would be possible to have smilies being parsed in the status you input from your profile page ?

I do not know if it is a permission to allow BBcode and Smilies in profiles of users. If the guys show up online later and haven't replied yet, I might give them a poke.

I can't find the thread where this was mentioned, but I had talked about it probably for the take of looking light and well-styled. Smilies in the Member Card wouldn't look to well I suspect.

If it doesn't cause too much trouble I suppose that might work?

I believe they are parsed on display, so yeah, that should work. :)

EDIT: Actually, I take that back. If you reply to my post, you'll notice that the smiley appears to simply be an image with a URL of "styles/default/xenforo/smilies/smile.png". I could be wrong about this, but from this it looks like they are actually inserted as images, and not parsed on display. Kier or Mike, care to comment? :)

No, they're parsed on display.

BB codes (and related, including smilies) aren't handled in profile posts/statuses. The only thing is a special case for URLs.

Top Bottom