• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

SMF 2 Importer

Nope. Was close yesterday but was then taken by a client for 8 hours :)

As long as I keep getting those little notifications I'll be thinking in the back of my head that I have to get back to this. 2 clients to get rid of which will free up all sorts of time.

Here is a pro tip. Never freelance.

Curious to know if it's been looked at...
Ok updated first post. Nothing new in this version bu hopefully it will fix your problem. SMF does attachments in weird ways so there is bound to be other people with problems if they setup more then one attachment directory. I hope it works for you this time.

You are getting there. :)

Had trouble importing forum:

FORUM
Code:
Undefined index: link

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in XenForo/Importer/SMF2.php at line 395
XenForo_Importer_SMF2->_importForumTree() in XenForo/Importer/SMF2.php at line 420
XenForo_Importer_SMF2->_importForumTree() in XenForo/Importer/SMF2.php at line 420
XenForo_Importer_SMF2->_importForumTree() in XenForo/Importer/SMF2.php at line 362
XenForo_Importer_SMF2->stepForums() in XenForo/Importer/Abstract.php at line 77
XenForo_Importer_Abstract->runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 161
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 213
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_startStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 156
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->actionStartStep() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 303
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/*********/public_html/dev/test/upload/admin.php at line 13

IMPORT USERS (It throws a error if you try to import again, it should be overwritten)

Code:
Mysqli statement execute error : Duplicate entry 'chevy57' for key 2

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 292
Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 468
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 546
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1500
XenForo_DataWriter->_insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1489
XenForo_DataWriter->_save() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1291
XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XenForo/Model/Import.php at line 415
XenForo_Model_Import->importUser() in XenForo/Importer/SMF2.php at line 597
XenForo_Importer_SMF2->_importUser() in XenForo/Importer/SMF2.php at line 457
XenForo_Importer_SMF2->stepUsers() in XenForo/Importer/Abstract.php at line 77
XenForo_Importer_Abstract->runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 161
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 213
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_startStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 156
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->actionStartStep() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 303
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/******/public_html/dev/test/upload/admin.php at line 13

PRIVATE MESSAGES (That's excepted since you say it's buggy)

Code:
Mysqli statement execute error : Column 'last_message_user_id' cannot be null

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 292
Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 468
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 604
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->update() in XenForo/Model/Import.php at line 607
XenForo_Model_Import->importConversation() in XenForo/Importer/SMF2.php at line 1092
XenForo_Importer_SMF2->stepPrivateMessages() in XenForo/Importer/Abstract.php at line 77
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/******/public_html/dev/test/upload/admin.php at line 13

Forum error is due to a lack of testing and I never tested forums that are setup as links.
User is because it is designed for an empty forum. Later I might add merging or maybe just make it take note of the user that is already there (lazy merging I suppose that would be).
Private messaging I have no idea, worked for me.

The main problem is that it isn't easy to test the importer and I am still fairly new to XenForo. I'll keep working on this as I get time.

I don't plan to support the 1.1.x series. I might in the future since it won't be that much different though.

Ok since I haven't had time to setup a new enviroment for testing (my last one has gone as a live site heh) can you try something to see if my theory is correct and allow you to get past your error?

Go into your SMF attachment settings and configure a second attachment path. I think that SMF stores one attachment path in the database as a string and then if anymore are added it creates a serialized array. Or something similar.
Just ran this on my forum it seemed to sort out my problems. I just added another directory and it straightened itself out. It did bail on me because there were matching usernames in the old forum and this test forum, thankfully XenForo just lets you rename in seconds.

Just ran this on my forum it seemed to sort out my problems. I just added another directory and it straightened itself out. It did bail on me because there were matching usernames in the old forum and this test forum, thankfully XenForo just lets you rename in seconds.
Yeah there is also some stuff where XenForo lets you merge users. They do it on their importer but I didn't want to because I think of it as something that can just make things go wrong. Users could still other usernames etc. So my importer is designed to be done on a brand new XenForo install.

Importing threads and posts error

Any idea on how to address this one:

Code:
Mysqli statement execute error : Incorrect string value: '\x99.\x0AFav...' for column 'message' at row 1

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 574
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1500
XenForo_DataWriter->_insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1489
XenForo_DataWriter->_save() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1291
XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XenForo/Model/Import.php at line 316
XenForo_Model_Import->_importData() in XenForo/Model/Import.php at line 906
XenForo_Model_Import->importPost() in XenForo/Importer/SMF2.php at line 930
XenForo_Importer_SMF2->stepThreads() in XenForo/Importer/Abstract.php at line 77
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->actionStartStep() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /mnt/stor6-wc1-dfw1/398787/www.bwana.tv/web/content/forums/admin.php at line 13

Update:

I also don't take into account charsets as of yet. Basically I had to take a heap of shortcuts to get what I needed done. I will hopefully finish it one day if there is any demand for it.

I actually just read that. This may be my issue. Should I try converting my forum to UTF8?

Update #2: I converted my database to UTF8 and it seems to work, however private messages is buggy which is documented. Good job so far. I still have some clean up to do, but this saved me a ton of time.

I don't think I will find time to finish this until I have to find times for another site of mine. When I do for this other site I'll do it properly and get it completely done. That could be months away though.

I had to convert from smf using impex as proxy, and it was awfull. maybe some other developer takes over or uses your previously made importer code. I don't know. There is a lot of potential over SMF if a proper working importer and redirector is made.

Top Bottom