Resource icon

Smashing Christmas Lights 1.1

No permission to download
Yes. It's that image which seems to not refresh on deeper pages.
Capture.webp

Is it the one on the left or the one on the right? Both of those are positioned via CSS, not javascript, so my guess is that this thing actually makes your browser have a FPS drop, and as such the image will appear to be out of position. For me, in Chrome (Windows 7), it works fine. I checked the console, you have one error there (related to google ads and something about unsafe javascript, so I guess it is Chrome here that blocks it). There is one error that is caused by this, and you solve that by editing the template smashing_lights.css, find:
Code:
 background:transparent url(image/bulbs-50x50-fragments.png) no-repeat 0px 0px;

Replace that with:
Code:
 background:transparent url(lights/image/bulbs-50x50-fragments.png) no-repeat 0px 0px;

It is still audible if you set the volume to 1. I also found that only when you decrease the volume about 10 or more will you hear the difference. BTW, I like how it looks on your site, for me it looks almost wavy....

I also see there is still a small error with the fragments;
Code:
background: transparent url(lights/bulbs-50x50-fragments.png) no-repeat 0px 0px;

The correct path is:
Code:
background: transparent url(lights/image/bulbs-50x50-fragments.png) no-repeat 0px 0px;

It is still audible if you set the volume to 1. I also found that only when you decrease the volume about 10 or more will you hear the difference
I went back and set it to 1 but it doesn't seem to change anything on Safari for Mac. I've asked a few of my members to let me know. Regardless, I think they can deal with it for a couple of weeks. ;)

Hehe, I tried a couple of times to break any of them, very difficult to do when trying to click something in the header area :)

In case anyone wants them, I went into Audacity and turned the volume down on the sounds quite a bit. For whatever reason, adjusting the code didn't seem to work for all browsers so this might be a good option. I'm unable to upload them here so PM me if you want me to send them to you.

Be sure to report back, as I will not have any time to do anything with this before late late December when I finally get some vacation......

Any errors, or do you have access to f a test grounds? I will work out next week and I will have vacation, and then I might get some time to look at this, if inspiration hits me. My initial thoughts are either another jQuery conflict or the Yahoo CDN is inactive now.

Finally got this working again after few members started requesting it !! Does anyone have idea how i can make the sound work in smart devices ?

Top Bottom