Resource icon

Smashing Christmas Lights 1.1

No permission to download
Also, how do I get the actual smashed piece to show once I've changed it to pico sized?

Awesome! How do I raise or lower the lights? I'm using the pico sized lights.
You need to use negative top on #lights in smashing_lights.css for raising them, for lowering you use positive.

Also, how do I get the actual smashed piece to show once I've changed it to pico sized?
What do you mean show? On my test install the pico lights explode and the "fragments" are destroyed. Do you mean having them collect on screen?

MagnusB updated Smashing Christmas Lights with a new update entry:

Fixed conflict with jQuery

There was a conflict with jQuery which seems to be fixed. I am fairly certain this new one will fix the issue, but I was not experiencing the full extent of the error my self, so I can't guarantee it.

I also updated the instructions, I saw there was something wrong in the template smahing_lights, you need to remove the xen:if statement (including the style tag inside it).

Read the rest of this update entry...

Not to worry, the initial problems you were having with taigachat was something that could have broken quite allot of addons, cause it was a conflict with the identifier in jQuery... I just replied per PC how to make it a fixed width, but the gist of it is that you need to make the parent div container to lights the desired width (and not position absolute), then you delete the left rule and make sure you set the width rule to 100% for #lights. I also think it would be best to use a fixed width, cause relative width (in percent) will depend on the screen resolution, while the fixed width will always display the same, so you can avoid the half bulbs.

Not a huge problem but my background is set up so the images slide down as the viewer moves down the page. Now, that process seems to be much slower or doesn't work at all. I assume it's a conflict with the script I use to make that happen. It's most obvious on long threads.

I'm using Safari for Mac.

My site is goTitans.com if you wanted to see the issue.

Ye i left it with Full width guess it looks good that way . Thanks again and appreciate the help .

Not a huge problem but my background is set up so the images slide down as the viewer moves down the page. Now, that process seems to be much slower or doesn't work at all. I assume it's a conflict with the script I use to make that happen.

I'm using Safari for Mac.

My site is goTitans.com if you wanted to see the issue.
I think the script is quite intensive for the CPU, it might just be that. I have also noticed random slow downs. I also just now noticed an error which I can't figure out for the life of me; the explosion animation doesn't work all of a sudden, a quick fix is to create a new folder called image/ in your xF root and then upload the image (included in the zip) called: bulbs-50x50-fragments.png to it.

Well if anyone wants to see working Demo : http://www.safishingforum.com/

Thanks to MagnusB he did alot of work to help me out to fix the problem i was having on my site to put these lights on . Still trying to fix few things here and there.
The fragments don't show.

You need to use negative top on #lights in smashing_lights.css for raising them, for lowering you use positive.

What do you mean show? On my test install the pico lights explode and the "fragments" are destroyed. Do you mean having them collect on screen?

Thanks!

What I mean is, the fragments don't show when you smash them.

The fragments don't show.

Thanks!

What I mean is, the fragments don't show when you smash them.
Yeah, I can see that, it suddenly stopped working for me as well. Have no idea how it is happing. To fix, create a folder called image in your xenforo root and upload the image called ulbs-50x50-fragments.png to that folder. I have been trying to figure it out for the past hour, but it really really escapes me how it is happening see post below.

DOH! I was being stupid, I thought the fragments were controlled by the javascript file, no wonder I couldn't find them :( In smashing_lights.css find:
Code:
 background:transparent url(image/bulbs-50x50-fragments.png) no-repeat 0px 0px;
Replace with:
Code:
 background:transparent url(lights/image/bulbs-50x50-fragments.png) no-repeat 0px 0px;

Need a facepalm smiley here just about now :(

EDIT: If you want to disable the sounds, just open christmaslights.js and search for:
Code:
  xlsf.initSounds();
replace with:
Code:
//  xlsf.initSounds();
You will still load the sound files, but they won't play.

Any way to have the sound files a lower volume?

Update on the background image issue: I can click to another tab on my browser and immediately go back and it looks right. Puzzling.

DOH! I was being stupid, I thought the fragments were controlled by the javascript file, no wonder I couldn't find them :( In smashing_lights.css find:
Code:
 background:transparent url(image/bulbs-50x50-fragments.png) no-repeat 0px 0px;
Replace with:
Code:
 background:transparent url(lights/image/bulbs-50x50-fragments.png) no-repeat 0px 0px;

Need a facepalm smiley here just about now :(

EDIT: If you want to disable the sounds, just open christmaslights.js and search for:
Code:
  xlsf.initSounds();
replace with:
Code:
//  xlsf.initSounds();
You will still load the sound files, but they won't play.
What would be the CSS for the pico sized christmas lights because it's not matching up with the existing css.

Any way to have the sound files a lower volume?

Update on the background image issue: I can click to another tab on my browser and immediately go back and it looks right. Puzzling.
Do you mean the background image (greyish, with a dude in a helmet)? To me that seems to work fine, so it might just be CPU overload, or flash being buggy. AS for setting the volume, I think it is on line 91 in christmaslights.js, just find this:
Code:
        volume:50
I think decreasing the number would lower the volume, not 100% sure though.

What would be the CSS for the pico sized christmas lights because it's not matching up with the existing css.
The fragments are one size fits all. The 50x50 is a sprite with the largest being 50x50, and then smaller versions etc.

Do you mean the background image (greyish, with a dude in a helmet)? To me that seems to work fine, so it might just be CPU overload, or flash being buggy.
Yes. It's that image which seems to not refresh on deeper pages.

AS for setting the volume, I think it is on line 91 in christmaslights.js, just find this:
Code:
        volume:50
I think decreasing the number would lower the volume, not 100% sure though.
So far, that's not having any impact.

Yes. It's that image which seems to not refresh on deeper pages.

So far, that's not having any impact.
Try the one attached, volume level is set to 10 (size is pico).

It worked on my site, but I got some strange errors when trying to do it on localhost (after commenting out initsound and uncommenting it, it refused to start again).

Attachments

Top Bottom