Smashboards.com moving to Xenforo

One hell of an import.

But not everyone is comfortable in downloading their database to import on local host (sometimes its not possible either). Although it would be faster if that were the case.

Not very professional.
Until recently, they were just a stagnating community owned by MLG, and really couldn't do much but wait for approval on different things they've wanted to do. They weren't even funded for a decent style, so one of their members did their current one for them.

Hi, I'm doing the conversion, you can thank Forsaken for talking me into doing it in the first place :P

I went searching for Digitalpoint's converter but only found the one that imported from vBulletin 4. Didn't know you had a vB3 one haha. We also looked into the PHP CLI, but from forum posts here made me think twice about using it since apparently it skips a lot of threads.

Importing members only took an hour. 13.6mil posts to convert I think though... that's not counting the ones pre-2007 that we archived too.

Do not use the PHP CLI. It is seriously broken.
Transfer the database to a local machine. Create a RAM disk large enough to hold the databases and start from there.

Do not use the PHP CLI. It is seriously broken.
Transfer the database to a local machine. Create a RAM disk large enough to hold the databases and start from there.
Can you provide sources to backup your claim that the PHP CLI importer is seriously broken? Want to read more into this as I used the CLI importer.

Top Bottom