Small announcement about AVForums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuart Wright

Just a note to anyone who might be interested. As I have mentioned elsewhere, we plan to make AVForums live on Xenforo at the end of August.
Jake Bunce is assisting us by recoding DP's fast importer for vB 3.8.2 with file system attachments.
Chris Deeming is helping to bring AVForums functionality to Xenforo. He'll be coding a bunch of addons which we need. I will be working with him to ensure we have the functionality we want, but also to make the addons generic so we can release them as resources.
I think this is a very strong team and I am optimistic that we can migrate AVForums while retaining the features our community has come to expect. The goal is to have a down time of only a couple of hours or so.
I'm very excited at the prospect of migrating to XF and being rid of vB.

Last edited:
Congratulations, Stuart. Good luck and I hope it all goes smoothly (can't see it not doing so really with Jake and Chris onboard).

Just a note to anyone who might be interested. As I have mentioned elsewhere, we plan to make AVForums live on Xenforo at the end of August.
Jake Bunce is assisting us by recoding DP's fast importer from vB 3.8.2.
Chris Deeming is helping to bring AVForums functionality to Xenforo. He'll be coding a bunch of addons which we need. I will be working with him to ensure we have the functionality we want, but also to make the addons generic so we can release them as resources.
I'm very excited at the prospect of migrating to XF and being rid of vB.

Welcome to XenForo :)

I imagine the "competition" (vBulletin, IPB, ect...) are going to hear that said a lot more often.

What functionality/addons are you adding to XF to suit your needs?

What functionality/addons are you adding to XF to suit your needs?

There doesn't seem to be a way to paste a table of cells from a spreadsheet in here and wrap it in a BB code to create a nice looking HTML table, so that's added to the list.

The list includes, but is not limited to
Compact Forum List Shows the compact/detailed forum list and allows people to swap between the two Done as a profile preference for members or a cookie for non members.
Subforums Replicate the AVForums subforum list Done but will revisit post 1.2
Users Viewing Forum Displays the number of people viewing a forum in the forum list Done with 3 queries plus caching with the number of minutes cached as an admincp option and zero means no caching.
Banners Implement ad banners. Proper system for managing requests to DFP, although any system should work.
Adblock flagging Detects users who are blocking ads and toggles a secondary user group to limit permissions
Custom Post New Thread button Customised text on a per forum basis
Custom Thread Form Customised thread form. Text and form fields. The form field contents are formatted into the first post. (The Waindigo addon doesn't do what we need)
Thread archival Allows members to archive their threads. A forum can have another forum designated as the location where threads are archived to.
Birth Date restrictions Denies permission to post to a forum if a members' DOB is lower than a certain age. Typically 18
Gamer Cards Display Xbox, Playstation or Steam gamer cards instead of avatar in relevant forums. PSN might not be possible as Sony don't give proper access.
Image count Displays the count of images in a post to mods and admin. This is to detect hidden images posted by cookie stuffers
User name request Members can request a user name change. This is put in a moderation queue and can be approved or denied with a reason
Conversation Spam check Creates a thread in the mod's forum when a members spams via private conversations. 1.2 probably does enough.
Unactivated user management Deletes users who have been awaiting email activation for a long period of time
Survey system Full blown survey system with conditionals.
Bump/Age threads Bump a thread up or down
Remove certain BB codes from quotes Do not display quoted images. I think 1.2 probably does this.
User mod log Displays moderation actions on a users' content in their profile
Prevent bumping old threads Forces people replying to acknowledge that they are aware that this is an old thread
Download thread as PDF <- What he said

Last edited:
Lovely news to hear, Stuart. Good luck with the migration. You've got some awesome support guys to help you out with it. :)

I would like all of them to be except I will need to recoup the investment for the business and make the more expensive ones (to develop) paid addons. They would be reasonably priced. Chris would then provide support.
great! If the survey system is advanced enough then I will surely buy it.
So what are you going to do with reviews?

I would like to purchase a copy of both ad blocker and image counter when you release it via Chris or even before you release it if I can to help you recoup the investment :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom