Small announcement about AVForums

Status
Not open for further replies.
upload_2013-10-27_7-51-21.webp

What is the blank purple box for ?

These
upload_2013-10-27_7-52-44.webp
shouldn't have links, they just direct you to the forum home.

The blank box is where the content hasn't yet been associated with a discussion thread. It would list the comment count and link to a thread, I believe.

The blank box is where the content hasn't yet been associated with a discussion thread. It would list the comment count and link to a thread, I believe.
Oh. I love Comment numbers being displayed.
So far they are all blank.

If articles are likely to have zero comments for extended periods, maybe hide it if it's blank ?

I like how this site does comments

upload_2013-10-27_8-14-27.webp

It is more subtle, but effective.

http://www.torontosun.com/

Last edited:
I like the menus ...
View attachment 59935

They work well.
I seem to be experiencing some issues with the menu bar.

When I hover my mouse pointer over the menu bar, initially I can see a dropdown menu. For example, the PRODUCTS menu item, e.g.

products_pointed_dropdown.webp

Note the mouse pointer is over the PRODUCTS menu item.

If I then move my mouse over to another menu selection, say the ARTICES menu item, the PRODUCTS menu dropdown should disappear and be replaced with the ARTICLES dropdown menu, e.g.

articles_dropdown.webp

Note the mouse pointer is over the ARTICLES menu item.

This does not happen. Instead, I continue to see the PRODUCTS dropdown even though my mouse is hovering over the ARTICLES menu item, e.g.

articles_pointed_to_products_dropdown.webp

Note the mouse pointer is over the ARTICLES menu item
yet the PRODUCTS dropdown is still showing.

Notes –

- I am not logged in.

- I am using IE10 for my browser.

- This behavior happens on both the abbreviated menu bar (scrolled down) and the full menu bar (top of screen).

Not sure if this is a problem on my end (IE10, or some virus, etc. on my system), but I wanted to make you aware of the issue.

Hope this helps,
Allen

I'm going to close this thread now that there is a thread in the showcase forum.

I would however suggest that any issues are reported on the site in question rather than here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom