XF 1.3 Slow Site

Wolfe

Hopefully I'm posting this in the right section; I've recently noticed an increase in my load time speeds. I asked a few of the members around my site and they also said they noticed that pages are taking a longer time to load. I don't remember installing any addons recently, and my host claims that the site's fine (It could just be that they don't want to do anything.) Here's one of the largest load times in a debug I've seen so far. Memory on my site is unlimited, that shouldn't be the issue. Obviously, nothings unlimited, but I'd hope that's big enough to support just a forum. None of the database queries seem unusually large, but I don't read debug reports on a daily basis, so I might be missing something :p I'm almost certain it has nothing to do with my internet, especially since anything I do on XenForo loads almost instantly.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Your memory usage is fine. Your query time is fine. That leaves the PHP execution.

Check your CPU load. Also install APC opcode cache (or some other opcode cache) if you haven't already. An opcode cache in PHP will make a big difference.

Also, you have a lot of addons installed. It is possible there is some slow code in one of the addons. You should disable addons to see if that has any effect.

Your memory usage is fine. Your query time is fine. That leaves the PHP execution.

Check your CPU load. Also install APC opcode cache (or some other opcode cache) if you haven't already. An opcode cache in PHP will make a big difference.

Also, you have a lot of addons installed. It is possible there is some slow code in one of the addons. You should disable addons to see if that has any effect.
Thanks for the reply.

I'll attempt to install an opcode cache later today when I'm more free to see if it speeds it up. With that in mind, I skipped to disabling all addons using
$config['enableListeners'] = 0;. The load times are still hovering around 3-5 seconds.

Not meaning to bump this, but I've enabled compression and browser leverage caching. Any other suggestions from anyone? Thanks in advance. I've been contacting my host regarding the slowness, hopefully I'll get it resolved.

If the PHP time is still showing as 3.5 seconds, then that will be a big bottleneck -- for reference, loading this thread here just showed me 0.075 seconds (our forum list took 0.13 seconds).

In general, slow PHP would likely indicate a server that is CPU bound, though it could also indicate a server that is strapped for memory and forced to re-read scripts from disk every time. If you don't have root access, there's unlikely anything you can do to diagnose this. If you are on a VPS or dedicated server, it might simply indicate the server is overloaded.

If the PHP time is still showing as 3.5 seconds, then that will be a big bottleneck -- for reference, loading this thread here just showed me 0.075 seconds (our forum list took 0.13 seconds).

In general, slow PHP would likely indicate a server that is CPU bound, though it could also indicate a server that is strapped for memory and forced to re-read scripts from disk every time. If you don't have root access, there's unlikely anything you can do to diagnose this. If you are on a VPS or dedicated server, it might simply indicate the server is overloaded.
Thanks. As you said, I likely won't be able to do anything myself. As I mentioned, I've been having a conversation back and fourth between a support agent from my site host, hopefully they can do something.

Top Bottom