XF 1.5 Slow Mouse Scroll

Joeychgo

I'm sure someone has mentioned this but I couldn't find anything...

Sometimes, on threads in various XF forums, my mouse scroll up and down the page is retarded -- (as in slow)

This seems to happen only in threads, not on forum home or anything like that. Its happened not only on my own sites, but TAZ and even XF here.

Help?

Unfortunately, unless we can reproduce it (with our tooling), it'd be difficult to debug. The primary influence that we would have are scroll events and I don't think we use many out of the box (and generally just in specific circumstances).

Testing would really need to be done with performance debugging tools recording what's going on. Chrome has this tooling. I'm not sure the extent of IE's tooling (not my primary dev browser).

It's very difficult to say without any idea what causes the problem. "Browser issue" is the potential base of it. I've looked at Chrome and most of the cost when a slow frame is triggered on scrolling is painting (the browser actually drawing the layout); very occasionally scripting is involved, but pretty insignificantly.

Certain design elements can be more expensive to paint. Traditionally, examples have included border radiuses and shadows (particularly when combined). That shouldn't really be the case here/on the default style, but we have seen some issues reported in relation to those elsewhere.

Certain design elements can be more expensive to paint. Traditionally, examples have included border radiuses and shadows (particularly when combined). That shouldn't really be the case here/on the default style, but we have seen some issues reported in relation to those elsewhere.

that's the key -- its happening to me here as well as other sites. (in fact all XF sites) For me, I first noticed it after the last xf update.

Top Bottom